Texturepacks, Optifine and Forge

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
I would like to hear how other handle playing with texture packs and forge mods?
My problem is i like to be up to date with the mods but mostly i'll have to wait for optifine to get updated with a new enough forge version.

Are there any other tricks to get texture packs working without the need of optifine? Btw. looking forward for the vanilla hd texture pack support.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
Forge actually has built in support for HD Textures, so you don't need Optifine at all. Optifine is mostly used to improve performance rather than for texture packs.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Forge actually has built in support for HD Textures, so you don't need Optifine at all. Optifine is mostly used to improve performance rather than for texture packs.
Well, almost. Custom lava and water won't work without Optifine. Nor will a few other tricks.

Zica

Jul 29, 2019

Custom colors, custom fonts, animated water/lava, animated blocks/items, connected textures, randomized blocks, and 256x and above texture support is exclusive to optifine and mcpatcher. So to me, I'd say optifine is required. I can't stand the vanilla minecraft font.

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
Custom colors, custom fonts, animated water/lava, animated blocks/items, connected textures, randomized blocks, and 256x and above texture support is exclusive to optifine and mcpatcher. So to me, I'd say optifine is required. I can't stand the vanilla minecraft font.
Don't forget better skies!

Reactions: Greevir

AliveGhost

Jul 29, 2019
The fonts do already work. Using the faithful textures here without optifine and it works really well