Tesseracts and Steam

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
So, I know that steam is compressible in liquiducts, but does that compressibility transfer over into tesseracts? In other words, can I stick a tesseract surrounded by eight liquiducts on top of my boiler, then transport the steam elsewhere for the actual MJ production?

Xproplayer

Jul 29, 2019
I THINK they are limited to 20 buckets / tick while a 144hp puts out 760 / tick. Can't confirm this but don't get your hopes up.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
a tesseract surrounded by eight liquiducts

I may be missing something here, but how the heck are you connecting eight liquiducts to the same tesseract? You should be limited to six, per that many possible faces on the tesseract.

Memorian

Jul 29, 2019
I may be missing something here, but how the heck are you connecting eight liquiducts to the same tesseract? You should be limited to six, per that many possible faces on the tesseract.
You're not thinking in four dimensions! tesseracks has an unlimted number of faces since you can just hook up more with the same frequency.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
So, I know that steam is compressible in liquiducts, but does that compressibility transfer over into tesseracts? In other words, can I stick a tesseract surrounded by eight liquiducts on top of my boiler, then transport the steam elsewhere for the actual MJ production?

Yes. The setup below works perfectly to power 18 industrial steam engines.

boilersidetess.pngengines.png

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
You're not thinking in four dimensions! tesseracks has an unlimted number of faces since you can just hook up more with the same frequency.

a tesseract

Notice the usage of the singular. That is what confused me, as such. I do understand that you can use as many tesseracts on the same channel/privacy rating to give you more input/output faces, but I'd have assumed that it would have been worded in that manner instead of considered in singular form. Which is the root of my question, after all.