Terrible FPS makes FTB unplayable

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radee

Jul 29, 2019
I just downloaded FTB the other day and as I attempted to play my lag has been horrible it has been sitting around 3-5 while in Vanilla minecraft I have around 60-70.
I have turned all the settings down in options to their lowest setting and have my render distance to short
Yesterday I installed optifine and have had very little improvement. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I use windows 7 and I have a Intel Pentium Proccessor and 8 GB of Ram.

I have my Java Parameters in the advanced options set to:
-Xms512m -XX:permSize=128M -XX:MaxPermSize=512m

Here is my console log. I think I did it right.

http://pastebin.com/DMMMaUpC

Thank you in advance I will try and check back as often as I can. Let me know if anymore information is needed.

Ormusn2o

Jul 29, 2019
Intel pentium proccessor? Which one? I get low fps too but i guess ultimate have big requirements. Also 60-70 fps on vanila is not alot. Try FTB lite. It might not by so heavy.

Radee

Jul 29, 2019
Intel pentium proccessor? With one? I get low fps too but i guess ultimate have big requirements. Also 60-70 fps on vanila is not alot. Try FTB lite. It might not by so heavy.

Intel Pentium Processor CPU B940 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz

I know the FPS isn't much for vanilla but I am hoping I can find a way to make FTB playable until I can afford an efficient gaming computer.

Goggles998

Jul 29, 2019

Radee

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried FTB Lite and it seems to be running on a stable and playable level.
I already had optifine installed it didn't help FTB much but it did help FTB Lite.
Just one more quick question since it seems I will not be able to run FTB I will not have the Factorization mod available in FTB Lite. If I was to add the Factorization mod to FTB Lite would I have to add any other mods or would I be good to go? I am interested in some of the things Factorization has to offer but if it isn't possible I understand.
Thank you.

Runis

Jul 29, 2019
Factorization should be possible, yes. The Factorization MCForums thread has this to say:

1. Install Minecraft Forge by extracting the contents of the forge download into the Minecraft jar. Be sure to delete the META-INF/ folder (unless you are installing a server!). The version of Forge that I'm using is given by the download link. Anything newer will usually work, and sometimes older versions will work as well.
2. Check that the forge install worked by running the client (or the server). Forge information should be on the title screen (or in the server's logs). Exit minecraft.
3. Put Factorization.jar into the mods folder.
4. Optional: Install NEI by placing CodeChickenCore and NotEnoughItems into the coremods folder. This will let you use the Pocket Crafting Table and Bag of Holding from within other GUIs.

Intel Pentium Processor CPU B940 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz
That is - quite frankly - not a very good processor. I'd be quite surprised if you got anything above 12fps or so without Optifine.

Since you say you've tried Optifine, did you have these settings?

Best Optifine Settings:
Graphics: Fast
Render Distance: Tiny
Smooth Lighting: OFF
Performance: 30FPS (or above if you'd like. I use 30 cap)
Advanced OpenGL: Fast
Chunk Loading: Smooth
Details:
Everything to Fast
Quality:
Doesn't matter
Animations:
Turn off what you see fit. Slightly improves
Performance:
Smooth FPS: On
Smooth World: On

I find my server's players do best with those settings, as they don't have the best computers either to put it bluntly for them.

If Optifine still doesn't work, it appears your processor just isn't good enough; sorry. Factorization should work for you, however.

Reactions: Goggles998

Goggles998

Jul 29, 2019
Factorization should be possible, yes. The Factorization MCForums thread has this to say:

That is - quite frankly - not a very good processor. I'd be quite surprised if you got anything above 12fps or so without Optifine.

Since you say you've tried Optifine, did you have these settings?

Best Optifine Settings:
Graphics: Fast
Render Distance: Tiny
Smooth Lighting: OFF
Performance: 30FPS (or above if you'd like. I use 30 cap)
Advanced OpenGL: Fast
Chunk Loading: Smooth
Details:
Everything to Fast
Quality:
Doesn't matter
Animations:
Turn off what you see fit. Slightly improves
Performance:
Smooth FPS: On
Smooth World: On

I find my server's players do best with those settings, as they don't have the best computers either to put it bluntly for them.

If Optifine still doesn't work, it appears your processor just isn't good enough; sorry. Factorization should work for you, however.
Good job explaining :)

Ormusn2o

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried FTB Lite and it seems to be running on a stable and playable level.
I already had optifine installed it didn't help FTB much but it did help FTB Lite.
Just one more quick question since it seems I will not be able to run FTB I will not have the Factorization mod available in FTB Lite. If I was to add the Factorization mod to FTB Lite would I have to add any other mods or would I be good to go? I am interested in some of the things Factorization has to offer but if it isn't possible I understand.
Thank you.
I don't know about adding mods but Forge should make everything working. I have similar cpu, a little better. How good FTB runs is very personalised. For example when i have liquiducts with lava my fps halves and smooth lighting destroys my fps too. Also you might try to turn on open gl in options. For me it drasticly lowers fps but it might work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.