Teleport pipes , are there any yet ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaossdragon

Jul 29, 2019
yea its called EnderStorage... pipe stuff in, pipe stuff out soo much better then teleport pipes that bug out or crash client.

Reactions: ff255away

Lakart

Jul 29, 2019
I never really had a problem with the old popular teleport pipes mod crashing me once I figured out that the most common crash everyone experienced was if you were flying with EE and trying to use a pipe GUI at the same time, so I don't see how one relatively simple to avoid crash was so terrible.

Supremeone

Jul 29, 2019
well if your going to be playing on a server whit 20 or so ppl , and everyone is going to want 4-5 separate enderchest systems its going to be a pain in the ass to ceep track of who is using what color

+ the pipes made builds very compact

AliasXNeo

Jul 29, 2019
well if your going to be playing on a server whit 20 or so ppl , and everyone is going to want 4-5 separate enderchest systems its going to be a pain in the ass to ceep track of who is using what color

I thought EnderChests has a public/private option?

Supremeone

Jul 29, 2019
i havent had much server play experiences just with some friends but , how i remembered it you gave the top 3 white spots a color and in any order , and if you give a other chest the same color code its linkd

and just ceeping track how is using what chest colors is going to be a pain ,
with teleport pipes you just say range 1-100 is for player x and 101-200 is for next player its much easyer and secure if your transporting valuble stuff or energie

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019

If you're playing with just a few friends, everyone can pick one color to be their first mark. That gives you 16 people, and everyone has 256 different combinations available, without any possible conflicts. With more people it gets more complicated... You could assign everybody a first color and an allowed range of second colors, i.e. Red first, anything between White and Gray second - that gives you 128 possibilities.

Once you learn to use enderchests, you'll be able to build things much more compact than you ever could with TP pipes. If nothing else because chests can interact with pretty much anything, not just BC pipes.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Or you can have people hit the latch with a diamond. That means everybody will have their own color set that won't interfere. Unfortunately other people can still open your chests and access your stuff which is a SEVERE weakness in enderchests IMO especially since they disable the vanilla chests by default.

Wild Wail

Jul 29, 2019
The problem with EnderStorage is that I couldn't transfer liquids. I don't know of anyway else to do so besides a double liquid transposer on both sides with the ender storage

R0ninX3ph

Jul 29, 2019
The problem with EnderStorage is that I couldn't transfer liquids. I don't know of anyway else to do so besides a double liquid transposer on both sides with the ender storage

You could just use liquid transposers to put the liquid into cans/buckets on one side, move the buckets then pull the buckets out on the other side into another liquid transposer piping it into pipes. Generally how I build my nether lava farms when I build them.

CoderJ

Jul 29, 2019

If one right-clicks the 'latch' of the Ender Chest with a diamond in their hand, the chest becomes 'private'; the user can now select from any of the 4096 color combinations without worrying about accidentally tying the chest to someone else's (or having someone stumble upon theirs). There are a few downsides; the process consumes the diamond (you get it back if the chest is destroyed) and the process is by no means an anti-theft measure (anyone can come along and open the chest to gain access... or even link an Ender Pouch to the chest), but it takes the worry out of trying to divide the color spectrum between players.

Unfortunately, until teleport (or phase, whatever they're calling them now) pipes are officially added, you either have to add a mod yourself (which most people do) or use double transposers.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
slowpoke didnt want to add teleport conductive pipe because didnt have energy lose bydistance and stuff...

i dont really care about the teleport pipes, i want the distribution pipe

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the way the mods, and how the community at large uses the mods, is developing that really isn't an issue. Right now we can get low energy loss from distance by many different means. Also many people are moving to REConduits for their MJ power. Normal conductive pipes don't attach to REConduits. You can have normal pipes attach to RECells but then the pipe is sending a constant stream of power, regardless of whether it is needed, into the teleport pipe. It does so as fast as possible thus making it a pain to use as it either drains your RECell completely or you have to dedicate a RECell to throttling it.

In reality though, I think that for SMP mod developers and mod pack builders should look to including more teleport-esque mechanics and less on long-distance building. This is because outside of a passenger rail system any transfer of power, liquids or items over vast distances means the majority of the run is probably going to be unloaded. Chuck loaders work great for ensuring the end points of any network remain loaded, but it would be foolish to have the dozens, if not hundreds, of chucks between those end points also be loaded just to run the mechanics of one rail or pipe system. For the sake of server stability and responsiveness, we want a method of connecting to points of a network together.

Should such things be redonkulously expensive so as to prevent relatively banal, short-distance usage? Absolutely. Enderchests actually serves that purpose quite well with the exception of power. And even then the recharge systems that utilize batteries covers that need in some fashion.

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
-snip-
Should such things be redonkulously expensive so as to prevent relatively banal, short-distance usage? Absolutely. Enderchests actually serves that purpose quite well with the exception of power. And even then the recharge systems that utilize batteries covers that need in some fashion.
Maybe a teleport system that needs upgrades the further you teleport with an expensive inital frame would be the best ala the MFFS were you need to upgrade the inital projector with items in a custom GUI.
That way it would give some balance cost wise and lessen the number of chunks loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.