Tekkit is a joke but my FPS was Higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazDude2012

Jul 29, 2019
The combine/logger/other Forestry harvester, if it were smart, would also catch world ticks, and check then, not on a game tick. World ticks are random, and can happen anywhere from 1 second to 5 minutes. That would use a lot less CPU/RAM than checking 20 times a second. In fact, seeing as Sengir's a smart guy, I'm sure that's how he actually does it. :)

SublightNova

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason after the 5.01 update my system decided to use my internal 4000 HD graphics again instead of my GTX670 resulting in occasionaly worse framerates.. Seems it is impossible to actually force it to use the GTX. All info related to it refers to older nVIDIA drivers which had some option to select graphics card.

If anyone has found a solution to this.....

alokae

Jul 29, 2019
OH MY GOD YOU GUYS ARE COMPLAINING, I CANT GET MORE THAN 10 FPS!!!!
:mad:

EDIT: ITS 3 FPS! I AM ON A TOSHIBA LAPTOP WINDOWS SEVEN! HAAALLPPPPP

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
ok he can have fun with 3fps then. also, youre suppose to configure it.

I just said it might not work for him

oh, and I have been configuring optifine since 1.8, till today the only thing I need it is to have fancy graphics enabled but leaves of trees in fast (those cause me lag) but I rather have 60 fps with my ugly grass and water.

I still need to find a mod, or hope mojang adds an option, to disable fancy leaves without disabling other stuff.

19chiodowi

Jul 29, 2019
Be shure you arent running an openJDK version of java I would reccomend version 6 Update 21 It is an outdated version but it is the best one out there that i have seen i was thinking of pretty much anything i could do to improve my fps on FTB because my computer isnt exactly top of the line...2gb ram an old Amd processor a 32MBonboard videocard.... Yeah..I need to get mahself a new computer but that has to wait until i can save up more but just try that and be shure when you do run ftb run it with the java not the openJDK version

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Be shure you arent running an openJDK version of java I would reccomend version 6 Update 21 It is an outdated version but it is the best one out there that i have seen i was thinking of pretty much anything i could do to improve my fps on FTB because my computer isnt exactly top of the line...2gb ram an old Amd processor a 32MBonboard videocard.... Yeah..I need to get mahself a new computer but that has to wait until i can save up more but just try that and be shure when you do run ftb run it with the java not the openJDK version

*smack upside the head*

Reactions: Whovian
Status
Not open for further replies.