Teamwork discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

XolovA

Jul 29, 2019
Never trust an ETA from XolovA. Trust me, I used to be a divinerpg dev.
Dev can be held very loosely since you were on the team for two days and the only thing you "developed" was something you were told not to add (the change Arcana bar).

I've held to all my ETAs up to this point, I can actually meet them now that I don't rely on anyone, especially lazy and incompetent coders (I don't have to name them). Anyways, I won't say much but I've spoken to Slowpoke a lot lately and more news on Nevermine coming to FTB will be released soon enough.

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
Dev can be held very loosely since you were on the team for two days and the only thing you "developed" was something you were told not to add (the change Arcana bar).

I've held to all my ETAs up to this point, I can actually meet them now that I don't rely on anyone, especially lazy and incompetent coders (I don't have to name them). Anyways, I won't say much but I've spoken to Slowpoke a lot lately and more news on Nevermine coming to FTB will be released soon enough.
Oh, and how about the system I made to streamline porting your hundreds of icons? Restructuring of the base code from the original mess that it was? Fixing the bug where items couldn't be enchanted? Fixing renders? But of course you wouldn't know any of those because you were too busy pulling ETAs out of your ass to keep the community satisfied while you designed new features without telling us anything. Not to mention that you decided to stab me in the back after I left you on my constraints by telling the rest of the team I left because you didn't give me enough creative freedom.

I'm also taking a screenshot of this before you inevitably pull your contacts to mute me like you did the last time. Never change.

XolovA

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, and how about the system I made to streamline porting your hundreds of icons? Restructuring of the base code from the original mess that it was? Fixing the bug where items couldn't be enchanted? Fixing renders? But of course you wouldn't know any of those because you were too busy pulling ETAs out of your ass to keep the community satisfied while you designed new features without telling us anything. Not to mention that you decided to stab me in the back after I left you on my constraints by telling the rest of the team I left because you didn't give me enough creative freedom.

I'm also taking a screenshot of this before you inevitably pull your contacts to mute me like you did the last time. Never change.
I didn't know what went on the code side, I just went by what other team members relayed to me. If they misinformed me and devalued your work, it was them who stabbed you in the back not me. I'm not sure where your hostility came from. I'd like to point out two things: 1) "Keeping the community pleased" is very important. Whether you accept it or not, if you're releasing something to them they are the target audience, they are your market projection. If you don't value keeping your customers happy highly, you won't get very far. 2) I was fully allowed to go off and design new content on my own since I started/owned the whole project for that mod. When people signed up to join the team there was no agreement I had to tell them what my future plans were. If you apply as a coder, you don't get creative freedom - that isn't your place to try and hold any ownership.
*You think this would be over by now, it happened 2 years ago yet people like you can't seem to let go of the past.

- This is why I work solo now, I don't have to deal with self-entitled children nor do I have to rely on anybody. I can stick to my own work-ethics, produce and provide. Nobody can claim they "own" or are "entitled" to any little bit of anything, nor criticize that I didn't do it myself.

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know what went on the code side, I just went by what other team members relayed to me. If they misinformed me and devalued your work, it was them who stabbed you in the back not me. I'm not sure where your hostility came from. I'd like to point out two things: 1) "Keeping the community pleased" is very important. Whether you accept it or not, if you're releasing something to them they are the target audience, they are your market projection. If you don't value keeping your customers happy highly, you won't get very far. 2) I was fully allowed to go off and design new content on my own since I started/owned the whole project for that mod. When people signed up to join the team there was no agreement I had to tell them what my future plans were. If you apply as a coder, you don't get creative freedom - that isn't your place to try and hold any ownership.
*You think this would be over by now, it happened 2 years ago yet people like you can't seem to let go of the past.

- This is why I work solo now, I don't have to deal with self-entitled children nor do I have to rely on anybody. I can stick to my own work-ethics, produce and provide. Nobody can claim they "own" or are "entitled" to any little bit of anything, nor criticize that I didn't do it myself.
I'm not even going to bother, just don't come up with lies against me, as you tend to.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't sound like you are too good at teamwork.
"I'm not forced to tell the others what I'm doing, so why communicate."? If you are working in a team, it is normally excepted that you inform the other team members somewhat what you are working at. Also, calling team members "lazy and bad programmers" or "children" because they express their opinions is just stupid.

XolovA

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't sound like you are too good at teamwork.
"I'm not forced to tell the others what I'm doing, so why communicate."? If you are working in a team, it is normally excepted that you inform the other team members somewhat what you are working at. Also, calling team members "lazy and bad programmers" or "children" because they express their opinions is just stupid.
I don't want drama, but the lazy, bad or children part was not directed at Vazkii. I'm sure he knew this, this was directed at an older dev who tried to sue me after he left the team for using his code (the lazy part comes from where he lazed about for months on end). I agree I didn't run the team very well, I won't argue against that. My point was that knowing how I ran a team, if someone joins expecting to right away gain entitlement, they were sorely mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.