[TC] Ultimate Tool Setup

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Master_Builder_800

Jul 29, 2019
nope, it isn't that its horrible (though it seems so now that i've tried both methods) but this new way is just faster by leaps and bounds

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
I just don't get how you can see such a difference. I just tried it with two cobalt pickaxes with cobalt binding and paper binding and 300 redstone each. Mined rows of obsidian and it took pretty much the same time with both of them.

Master_Builder_800

Jul 29, 2019
I did a very through test, with same materials (cobalt head and manulin handle) and the only difference was the bindings. The one with paper was the worst (no redstone on picks)

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
But how is the difference when you put 50 redstone on the one with paper because you have that extra modifier?

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
Playing just regular TiC (no ExtraTiC or Iguana), I typically just go all steel for my tools with obsidian binding. Lots of durability with an abundant material to repair with. Mining level high enough for cobalt and ardite, too. I don't typically get fancier than that with materials for my tools, although I will for weapons. Those typically get a manyullyn blade, cactus rod (doesn't seem too pleasant to hold!) and paper guard. I'll go all-out with the modifiers too. A little blaze powder, necrotic bone, lapis, and the rest quartz. Weapons are where I actually use all the modifier slots, whereas I never do more than one or two slots of redstone on tools.

Reactions: Type1Ninja