Tales of Kingdom & FTB

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
They are compatible. I've tested it out and the mods work fine together (Beta+Magic+ToK and extra mods). Well, work together as in no ID conflicts.

Right, so I haven't actually played the ToK mod stand alone before. I'm pretty decent with FTB in knowing the mods so I was wondering, for those that have played ToK before, would adding it to FTB be a good way to enhance game play? Would it be an entirely personal decision?

I've watched a few videos of CaptainSparklez fighting those Recuils (or however you spell it) and die so many times. Imagine fighting them in nano/quantum armor...

Thoughts?

Zefiris

Jul 29, 2019
While I think it would be fun I did find two ID conflicts and monsters drop apiarist pipes instead of the xp for advancing the Path to Kingship bar in the 1.45 Magic world, so if you don't mind playing without Forestry it should a load of fun but don't build within your kingdom otherwise you'll screw up the mechanics for the buildings and I'm pretty sure if you build in the Guild your stuff will disappear.

zbeeblebrox

Jul 29, 2019
but don't build within your kingdom otherwise you'll screw up the mechanics for the buildings and I'm pretty sure if you build in the Guild your stuff will disappear.

That's true even if you use ToK on its own. It's the way this, Millenaire, and a few other structure-generating mods treat air blocks as objects to be placed, instead of empty spaces to be ignored. Which means anything you've placed that's occupying a space being read as air in the mod's .schematic gets destroyed and replaced with air - terrain included. Personally, I think this is kind of hacky.