Private Pack TahgCraft [Closed, Can't pay for it]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

ghellerman

Jul 29, 2019
ah. yeah i didnt really like the looks of those things.

// edit

but i do agree chickenchunks needs to go. that way people can't just place down a chunkloader that covers their whole base and go offline for a week while keeping it loaded.

Akaedis

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see a need to nerf soul shard. Actually no other way around akaedis. the RC chunk loaders should stay and the chickenchunk ones can go. This would force players to constantly hunt for ender pearls to keep them fueled. Thus also keep their base from shutting down.

16 pearls = 8 days, 24/7 loading CONSTANT, so if someones place overflowed like streq's did, Well GG Server completely, i DO wish chicken chunks was more expensive recipes but what ya gonna do about it :/, or what if someones farm started spawning creatures outside the farm? they would pile up so much it would crash. its just bad to use them in my opinion, yes, there great if you do stuff with carted ones, but its the fact there 24/7 with no way to locate them either.

lokalike

Jul 29, 2019
I feel forestry is going for the better, the one block farms are just silly. Pretty much comparable with the "dense ore" argument earlier. It's too easy to get an infinite income of resources with little to no external inputs and little to no maintenance. And with most people having 1024 stacks of lets say wood I don't see the need to have a constant running farm just sending things into the void.

Zhul

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry will still be fun to play with, maybe more (because the layouts can be customized) maybe less (because it won't be self-sustaining anymore with the need to gather apatite).

To avoid us tearing apart the overworld looking for apatite, please make sure that it spawns in a mining age - maybe marble (needs caves) and basalt (needs lava lakes), too?

Concerning chunk loaders, please leave chicken_bones' in, but restrict the use to a sensible number of chunks (I'd be more than happy with say 26 in the overworld and a single quarry in a mining age). Though, having to supply ender pearls might be ok if there's a steady supply at spawn, so that it's not another tedium.
Either way will probably not solve the actual problem of something going haywire while unattended.

To avoid pipes/tubes (but also mobs in water) clogging up should go without saying on our server, but maybe, just maybe, to be sure, let's say so loudly at spawn?

Aiming for more stability, I'd also restrict soul shard mob farms to non-personal, 1 for each type, near spawn, most of them only active when needed (and automatically deactivating).

And well, if the map has to be reset, the sooner the better. Do we actually have to wait for an update on mystcraft? We still won't create personal ages, so hunting for symbol pages will be a bit pointless.

Also, I'd really like to be able to download our current world (maybe as torrent?) once it's gone.

-sqob

lokalike

Jul 29, 2019
To comment on chunk loading too, how about only using personal anchors? I feel the only need for chunk loading is to be able to work somewhere while processing something at home, not to be able to log out and have an endless supply a week later when i log back in.

ghellerman

Jul 29, 2019
isnt there a config for one of the chunk loaders (chickenchunks maybe?) that changes it so the chunkloader only works if the owner is online? if there's a way to do that i'd be all for it. mostly because i really like being able to run a quarry and go off exploring while still having everything processed, but when i get busy and log off for a day or two to find my quarry done and ive got more resources than i know what to do with, it feels a little cheaty.

Weird0

Jul 29, 2019
everything forestry is now. is technically going bye bye. the farms are being replaced with multi-block gregtech style farm structures. etc etc

well i watched dw20's spotlight on it and basically forestry stays forestry the way it works just changes so i dont really understand this

Seeing as all the things that were fun in it were taken away.

also i agree on the topic that if its is possible make chunkloaders like a max chunks per player and also only work when the user is online bcus like mentioned logging back in like a week later and swimming in riches is boring and will kill the long term fun. i understand you can simply "start over" when you have done everything but that can be acieved so fast that you would have to start over every few weeks yet again that might be just old me and ppl actually enjoy having everything after 1-2 weeks and nothing left to "dig" for thats also the reason why im opposed to a dense ore age for mining but rather would like to see a simple 2nd "overworld clone" for quarrys n stuff

Shivy011

Jul 29, 2019
I also believe Forestry is going in a good direction, multi block farms sound awesome! And for the some time (not sure how long) the original farms are staying in Forestry (Arboretum, logger etc). I don't see a reason to take it out? :eek:

Akaedis

Jul 29, 2019
I also believe Forestry is going in a good direction, multi block farms sound awesome! And for the some time (not sure how long) the original farms are staying in Forestry (Arboretum, logger etc). I don't see a reason to take it out? :eek:

The new multi blocks produce less/take more, there it would take like 2-3 multi block farms to do what the current farms are doing, and theres a HIGH probability that there being removed anyways(the logger etc)

Reactions: lokalike

Anthaeus

Jul 29, 2019
*cries*

I still can't get back on, I'm hoping the reset fixes whatever the problem is cos I think that's my only hope.

Weird0

Jul 29, 2019
to get back to my initial question. any news on the reset yet ?

yes i am that impatient :>

Selej

Jul 29, 2019
seems a barrel corrupted my base...... me and catalisum are stuck now.cannot login. instant crash.

Anthaeus

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to say welcome to the club Selej. Hopefully a barrel crash is easier to fix than my RP2 one.

Assuming we do get a reset, I'm never trying to build a frame quarry again that's for sure.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see a need to nerf soul shard. Actually no other way around akaedis. the RC chunk loaders should stay and the chickenchunk ones can go. This would force players to constantly hunt for ender pearls to keep them fueled. Thus also keep their base from shutting down.

but i do agree chickenchunks needs to go. that way people can't just place down a chunkloader that covers their whole base and go offline for a week while keeping it loaded.

Chickenchunks can be configured to shut off when the player logs off. It's a server side configuration option and, IMHO, much better than the RC loaders because, let's face it, after access to the End are pearls really a scarce resource. I mean on the current map I chose to use the RC Personal spawner because I feel that was the right thing to do. But I was never hurting for pearls.

BIGWayne2234

Jul 29, 2019
Ender pearls arent that hard and neither is going to the portal just save up about 20 pearls make them ender eyes put 12 off to the side and use the other 8 to get to the end portal not hard.