Tabula Rasa/Custom Items discussion (was Longshot Request - hopefuly very simple)

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe an option to add crops? I am starting to feel like Harvest Craft is too big to sort into Spice of Life categories based on vitamins and minerals

Otho

Jul 29, 2019
In resume: remove the properties and it should work. Like this.

Hi, the parser from version 1.0_beta1 and beta2 is blind to anything that is not defined, but it would not crash. The key "properties" was not defined. But as you json was a correct json file. Nothing happened.

I am finishing the new version that has new features and a better json parser.
Next time please post on this thread.

Reactions: 1SDAN

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you and sorry about posting here, I initislly was going to post on the MCF thread but for some reason I decided to post here :/

ronny

Jul 29, 2019
very interesting, tried and failed at this, trying to implement a simple item on a server. what i fully want to achieve is being able to craft mystcraft pages into something else (for arguments-sake a tennis racket or placeable block with a tennis racket texture).

can someone tell me what to change and how to change it, perhaps examples will be helpful here, i've searched and found no documentation about this:( thanks

oh yea, i'm still 1.6.4 ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1413394369][/DOUBLEPOST]more info cos that helps:/ i can't work out how to implement the textures, i've made a pack and put a png in every single folder in there and it still won't find it, i've checked caps and am trying this with version 1.0.0...

Last edited:

T10a

Jul 29, 2019
Don't post here, post on the Minecraft Forum post. Could someone lock this thread so people don't necrobump this thread for help purposes?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Don't post here, post on the Minecraft Forum post. Could someone lock this thread so people don't necrobump this thread for help purposes?
Steady on. He has posted he is using 1.6.4, so that means he is using Tabula Rasa. There is no "official" place for Tabula Rasa apart from here.

very interesting, tried and failed at this, trying to implement a simple item on a server. what i fully want to achieve is being able to craft mystcraft pages into something else (for arguments-sake a tennis racket or placeable block with a tennis racket texture).

can someone tell me what to change and how to change it, perhaps examples will be helpful here, i've searched and found no documentation about this:( thanks

oh yea, i'm still 1.6.4 ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1413394369][/DOUBLEPOST]more info cos that helps:/ i can't work out how to implement the textures, i've made a pack and put a png in every single folder in there and it still won't find it, i've checked caps and am trying this with version 1.0.0...
Mystcraft makes heavy use of NBT, which tabula rasa does not support. It's for basic items/blocks. Even with the more developed tools in 1.7.10, I see no way of making a custom item behave like a mystcraft page.

Dude this thread is so old
Not really

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Steady on. He has posted he is using 1.6.4, so that means he is using Tabula Rasa. There is no "official" place for Tabula Rasa apart from here.

Mystcraft makes heavy use of NBT, which tabula rasa does not support. It's for basic items/blocks. Even with the more developed tools in 1.7.10, I see no way of making a custom item behave like a mystcraft page.

Not really
It's pretty old though

ronny

Jul 29, 2019
i'm asking for help, i don't see age has anything to do with it:/... and i don't think it's old anyway, seems it was only started a couple of months ago so how long are we allowed to post asking for help after the initial starter? maybe I'm missing the point and I'm supposed to ask elsewhere anyway, sorry about that, i did look around for few hours and thought this was the best place to post considering my query. maybe you could post my query where it's supposed to go for me? thanks.

thanks too, i think, as ever, i've not explained myself very well here. i wish to use the mystcraft pages to craft into other things because i'm using mystcraft for the way it handles different dimensions but not for the actual items... mystcraft generates library buildings which are full with mystcraft pages, and these are all useless due to the way i've set things up. i don't actually wish to use the properties of the pages at all, just use the pages to craft into cobblestone or something (well, not cobblestone, actually that's why i'm asking here, i want to craft them into "address" pages for another mod [they don't have to have properties once crafted, they just need to be custom textured], which i initially thought i'd be able to make happen with tabula rasa and minetweaker, mentioned in the opening post).

i've been messing around with both for a while before posting, as far as i (and jordsta95) can work out the minetweaker side of things isn't happening for me at all right now, this is sad but maybe there are other ways around the problem, i don't want to have to detail exactly why i wish to use tabula rasa because that's going to be near impossible:/ been trying over this for a while now so even though it may not work i still wish to know the answer:)

i'll write here what i would like to know and if people can't help, that's fine.

how does one go about linking the textures to the items?

what i've done (roughly): i've created a texture called tabby.png and altered parts of the config to read
S:Name.0=wotsit
and
S:Texture.0=tabularasa:tabby

i've made a texture pack by copying the standard over and adding the "tabby" file in as many places as i can think feasible (have created folders called tabularasa, TabulaRasa, tabulaRasa and Tabularasa, have put them all over the place containing this png and still all i'm seeing is black and purple squares.
asking because i don't know the answer and it is the most salient place my days of searching could uncover... other searches brought results that fare very poorly by comparison, re: "Blank Slate - 1 Block and 1 Item. They do nothing, have no textures, and no recipes. Minetweak away." doesn't really go far by way of helping people to use this:( if you know somewhere with better documentation than can be found in this thread then by all means and please do let me know about it.

once again just incase it was overlooked:
how does one go about linking the textures to the items?

and again with the thankies

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
You want the textures in:

\<your resource pack name>\assets\tabularasa\textures\blocks
\<your resource pack name>\assets\tabularasa\textures\items

the config will be:
S:Texture.0=tabularasa:iron_ore_poor

which is then \<your resource pack name>\assets\tabularasa\textures\blocks\iron_ore_poor.png

(copied all this from my configs/resource pack which works nicely)