Tabula Rasa/Custom Items discussion (was Longshot Request - hopefuly very simple)

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
On a side note, materials don't work yet, no matter what you put there it will always set the material to rock.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
So my patience ran out and I decided to code something like TabulaRasa, as far as I know it works, although I'm not a programmer (I was just lectured JAVA in my first year of uni), so it's probably coded poorly, but it does the job. I still have to add some sentinels for the light values etc. but for the rest it seems ok.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8vv588lf6bsvfsh/CustomItems-1.7.10-0.1.jar

It generates a config on the first run, it contains instructions on how to add blocks/items.
For the textures create a resourcepack: packname/assets/customitems/textures and in this directory put two folders: items and blocks.
For blocks the name of the textures should be: customBlock0.png, customBlock1.png, ... (with the numbering in the same order as you defined them in the config).
For the items it's customItem0.png, ...

I'm just going to use this while waiting for TabulaRasa (wich is probably coded a lot better), but I thought I'd share it with you guys.

EDIT: I put the source code on Github for those interested to see it and those who wish to give (constructive pls) criticism.
https://github.com/InfinityRaider/CustomItems
BTW this is awesome...may use it in making a MOAR Dynamos mod. Is that okay with you?

Reactions: pizzawolf14

T10a

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion: Will it be possible for you to create custom fluids that can be used in things like Fluid Transposers, Buildcraft Tanks or Ex Nihlo barrels?

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
Since Tabula Rasa will eventually be released, I'd suggest (if you keep doing it after it gets released) making your own thread and not using this one, as it's a tad bit rude in my opinion :p

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Since Tabula Rasa will eventually be released, I'd suggest (if you keep doing it after it gets released) making your own thread and not using this one, as it's a tad bit rude in my opinion :p
when Tabula Rasa is released this will be discontinued, so It's kinda pointless to make my own thread, I just posted it here since I made to be able to finish my modpack and I know others are still waiting as well. It's only a temporary solution really.
I never meant to offend KL in any way, I have lot's of respect for him and if he is offended by this I will remove the Mediafire links from this thread.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
KL doesn't see this as a priority mod, and I'm ok with community made alternatives. I'll be attempting to use IRs version myself soon.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I've got the liquids working, they are placeable ingame, they pick up the textures, but they don't render in machines, anyone knows whats up?

Reactions: 1SDAN

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I really don't know, I've looked at how BC and Mariculture register their fluids, maybe I'm not making my texturepack in the right way, but I looked at sphax and it works for them.
If anyone might know why, I've updated the code on GitHub: https://github.com/InfinityRaider/CustomItems

@T10a Here you can find a compiled version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/e4pfdl4jc7jvbb8/CustomItems-1.7.10-0.2.jar
So you can get started with adding your fluids, it just doesn't render in machines yet.
(I've also changed the textures, you now have to give a texture name as well, because when you add a lot of items, it can be hard to keep track of wich texture goes with wich item)

T10a

Jul 29, 2019
What is Tabula rasa? And why should this mod be discontinued?
Read this forum, page 1-5 for all the answers you need.

Edit: It's not being discontinued, it's just that someone made a fan made update because @KingLemming hasn't updated this to 1.7.10 yet, because he's busy with fixing and updating his mods to 1.7.10.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Currently CustomItems offers more functionality over Tabula Rasa. I'm sure KL doesn't give a hoot about TR, but with him proving the concept is possible, we now have more users of MineTweaker/ModTweaker, more custom packs being made, and now an alternative mod (for 1.7.10) made by a community member.

Otho

Jul 29, 2019
What I read about Tabula Rasa was a mod that added 1 custom item and 1 custom block. That is not even compared to what CustomItems gives to us. That was why I asked why would InfinityRaider discontinue CustomItems when TR is relesead to 1.7.10. Or TR will be updated to a more complex mod?

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
What I read about Tabula Rasa was a mod that added 1 custom item and 1 custom block. That is not even compared to what CustomItems gives to us. That was why I asked why would InfinityRaider discontinue CustomItems when TR is relesead to 1.7.10. Or TR will be updated to a more complex mod?
Actually, TR can add 32k items and 16 blocks

Reactions: 1SDAN and Golrith