Swarmer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Epic_Dave

Jul 29, 2019
hello, Im looking for information regarding the swarmer, for the alviary multiblock, iv gathered that it uses a royal jelly at a semi consistent rate, iv seen anywhere between one every 40ish seconds to just over a minute, now i gather it has a chance to produce a hive from this with a limited queen, Im more looking to see if anyone has any additional information such as the approximate chance to spawn a hive, range of the potential spawn area, maximum height, or any information in regards to how these work. I will continue to gather my own information, the best i can but any further incite that anyone else has on these blocks is appreciatedfrom the collected information im hoping to find a use for these in a more consistent manner.

thank you
- Dave

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
I have not done any testing on the swarmer directly, but I would start by looking at intervals of 27.5 seconds (or more accuratly 550 ticks) This is how often bees handle all of their lifespan and production stuff, so it would be a good guess that they also do swarmer stuff at the same time. Now, as far as the princesses themselves. As of right now they have a stacking 1% chance to not produce a princess each time the queen dies. Finally, swarmers in general and the princesses are getting a big buff in the 1.5 version of forestry, so I would recommend testing on that version right away to save yourself from having to retest.