Super Low Lag Ender Pearl Farm

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
BS0Hbnt.png

Full Description/Explanation Here
YouTube Tutorial showing build and programming

My most recent ender pearl farm using Steve's Factory Manager, Extra Utilities, and Thermal Expansion 4 is capable of producing a stack of pearls every five minutes, uses no power, and takes about as much clock time as five vanilla chests. Enjoy!

EDIT: Important - no not allow your ender pearl storage to overflow or your world will begin crashing each time a pearl is harvested and has nowhere to go.
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Uh... Did I do that?

Time: 1/23/15 2:18 PM
Description: Ticking entity

java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking entity
at net.minecraft.entity.item.EntityEnderPearl.func_70184_a(EntityEnderPearl.java:53)
at net.minecraft.entity.projectile.EntityThrowable.func_70071_h_(SourceFile:192)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72866_a(World.java:2070)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72866_a(WorldServer.java:648)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72870_g(World.java:2034)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1887)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
That is an autonomous activator which is continuously using a reinforced watering can from Extra Utilities. This massively speeds up the growth rate of the ender lilies but it can be skipped earlier in the game before you can make bedrockium ingots and unstable ingots.

EDIT: Bolded reinforced

Last edited:
Reactions: Odovbold

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
That is an autonomous activator which is continuously using a reinforced watering can from Extra Utilities. This massively speeds up the growth rate of the ender lilies but it can be skipped earlier in the game before you can make bedrockium ingots and unstable ingots.
Watering cans actually make the ender lilly plant shrink in size. Maybe the reinforced can doesn't do that..?

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
You are thinking of bonemeal type fertilizers which attempt to directly promote the plant to the next stage of maturity. Ender lilies are indeed allergic to these sort of growth promoters. However, watering cans work differently. MUCH more information here: http://ftbwiki.org/Ender-Lily_Seeds Give it a try for yourself though in creative; watering cans absolutely work on ender lilies. They are from the same mod after all.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
I agree. I am using a reinforced watering can here and in my survival world. They are not trivial to make but very awesome once you have one!

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
You are thinking of bonemeal type fertilizers which attempt to directly promote the plant to the next stage of maturity. Ender lilies are indeed allergic to these sort of growth promoters. However, watering cans work differently. MUCH more information here: http://ftbwiki.org/Ender-Lily_Seeds Give it a try for yourself though in creative; watering cans absolutely work on ender lilies. They are from the same mod after all.
I remember using a watering can and having the growth of the plant be reversed. I don't the pack was configed to do that either. Weird

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
The reinforced watering can is indestructible in machines but cost permanent life loss. And also they speed up the growth of ender lillies a lot. I made a build similar to that and never had to make an endermen farm for perals also ran my base off of them and still ended up with a surplus that I had to switch to a deep storage unit to store them

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I figured the permanent loss of one heart was very easily compensated by heart canisters from TiCo. I'm already drowning in pearls in my survival world now that I'm running this. The reinforced watering can would appear to effect a 7x7 area which is plenty big to handle pearls, wool (via cotton), and sugar cane as well as other crops down the line.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
I may actually build this :)
Could you include a world download just in case some people don't understand the steves factory manager stuff?

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
I remember using a watering can and having the growth of the plant be reversed. I don't the pack was configed to do that either. Weird
The key is the ender cores under the ender-lillies. planting lillies on those allow items like watering cans to work.

Reactions: mattp_12

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Shouldn't this be in Community Showcase? Whatever, nice build, man!

Yes I think that it should. I apologize but it was my first post here and I didn't look around enough. Perhaps a mod can move it for me? Thanks for the kind words though.

Reactions: ThomazM

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
The interesting part is that you can do stuff like this for just about any process with SFM and it doesn't cost you anything after building the blocks. It's the new computercraft, but with a drag and drop GUI so anybody can do it.

Reactions: mattp_12