[Suggestions] The Ultimate Defense (Offline included)

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
And fire a projectile in a straight line at a crawling speed, complete with a warning sound. You should consider yourself lucky if you manage to hit an AFK person with one.
Well.. hide them with frames or sticky pistons. And DON'T just use one or two. As I said, they are SO cheap, you can build up a dozen or two very easy. Spread them along the whole mountainside and hook them up to a nice timer, like ev. 2 seconds. I would like to see you walk through that. Really. ;)

Let's try this in creative. Sounds like a fun thing to build.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
is this tekkit method of killing a person in full quantum suit possible? (did anyone test it yet?)

the trick: ~110 HV-Transformers (more, if the distance between transformers and trap is greater) turned to transform upwards (to 2048EU/p) feeding into a single rotary macerator with enough transformer upgrades to sustain this amount of energy. between the HV-Transformers and the Macerator, there is a splittercable (the inventor named gavjenks does it with a pressureplate) connected to a playerdetector and at the electrocution-are, there are a few uninsulated EV-Wires. the intruder comes close to the building, tries to enter, triggers the player detector and bam, electrocution.

he suggested some buildcraft piping and a chunkloader in order to collect the quantum suit and everything the player had with him.

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
If you can create a self-sustaining power source, you can run an MFFS indefinitely. This is very simple with solars, however you have to make sure they can't be disabled by placing a block above them. This means an MFFS cage going up to level 256. Alternatively, pick your choice of biofuel/solid fueled boilers/nether lava with a pump hidden somewhere/automated manual watergens/fusion/etc.

There is a way to protect your entire base without needing a massive forcefield encompassing the whole thing, but it is borderline exploity and I don't want to mention it (mainly because I might use it some day :D) You have to... think outside the box.

Hmmm, MFFS cant be self sustainable it think. Due to forcicium being non renawble. The eu required can be renewable, but a mffs field, especially large ones eat forcicium at a ferocious rate. Correct me if im wrong though :)

Xakthos

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, MFFS cant be self sustainable it think. Due to forcicium being non renawble. The eu required can be renewable, but a mffs field, especially large ones eat forcicium at a ferocious rate. Correct me if im wrong though :)

You can pipe EU into the system to charge up a forcium cell. Pipe that cell out of the spot it is in then place it in the main power. Should work, haven't tried it but makes sense and turns it into a renewable energy grid.