[Suggestions] The Ultimate Defense (Offline included)

Robet24

Jul 29, 2019
Here's the rules:

-Mindcrack Pack
-No Chunkloaders
-A defense that can keep people away or killed at your base

First off with my thoughts:

-Mffs is an obvious pick. But if someone sits at your base long enough while you are offline, the system will run out of FE or EU.

-Sentries from portalgun can be used possibly.

-Bees from forestry/extrabees that have the end effect from ender bees (The end effect does 2.5-3 hearts per hit to non-apiarist armor)

-Have to surround the base in Xycraft shield blocks or other nuke resistant blocks

So any other thoughts?

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
None of those can't be defeated by stuff like block breakers or turtles.

Meara

Jul 29, 2019
You could also use Demonic, Fendish, or Sinister bees. Demonic i think will lite you on fire..
but i think that would leave open a situation for you that could end like this "oops i left my beekeeping suite in my other chest"

- Tesla coil always on, deactivated via private wireless redstone signal. (can also be hidden)

- Iron Golem Swarm... like Silverfish.. expensive... but would be ... down right.. flipping funny to watch.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
If you can create a self-sustaining power source, you can run an MFFS indefinitely. This is very simple with solars, however you have to make sure they can't be disabled by placing a block above them. This means an MFFS cage going up to level 256. Alternatively, pick your choice of biofuel/solid fueled boilers/nether lava with a pump hidden somewhere/automated manual watergens/fusion/etc.

There is a way to protect your entire base without needing a massive forcefield encompassing the whole thing, but it is borderline exploity and I don't want to mention it (mainly because I might use it some day :D) You have to... think outside the box.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Just move your base to a mystcraft world and make sure nobody but you has a linkbook?

Dragonfel

Jul 29, 2019
The ultimate defense is to have players never come near your base. You should move 20 or 30 thousand blocks away from the nearest player. Chances are no one will find you unless they're using some sort of cheat. Eventually mystcraft may be added to Mindcrack so you can get back and forth from the spawn area if needed.

Avoid using chunkloaders though, even quarries. People can use /chunkloaders to see the range of anyone's chunkloaders.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Quantum Armor (or fully upgraded Modular Power Suit), and a ton of bags. Take your base with you, so there's never one set base anyone can ever attack!

Robet24

Jul 29, 2019
Some good suggestions here. One restraint I forgot to mention was you can only go about 3000 blocks away from the orgin of spawn. And for the quantum, the scepter of the twilight tears that armor apart so quickly.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Build a completely mobile base using RP2 frames that has a quarry underneath it and deployers on top to place blocks above it so that it can bury itself underground whenever you need to log off.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Build a completely mobile base using RP2 frames that has a quarry underneath it and deployers on top to place blocks above it so that it can bury itself underground whenever you need to log off.
I have been thinking about something similar for a while. The problem is laying the blocks so that the terrain looks semi-natural. If it's just a flat wall of cobblestone, no, that won't be suspicious at all.

My idea was to have a RP frame barge that could submerge into an ocean and (at least partially) dig into the sea bed. If done properly, the water will close above the barge, and you can get by with a much simpler roof design, as it's just dirt. Not that many people will be searching the ocean floor anyway.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I have been thinking about something similar for a while. The problem is laying the blocks so that the terrain looks semi-natural. If it's just a flat wall of cobblestone, no, that won't be suspicious at all.

My idea was to have a RP frame barge that could submerge into an ocean and (at least partially) dig into the sea bed. If done properly, the water will close above the barge, and you can get by with a much simpler roof design, as it's just dirt. Not that many people will be searching the ocean floor anyway.
Well you don't place cobblestone on the surface, you place 2-3 layers of dirt/sand first. Or you program a turtle to do it all for you at the tip of a redstone signal.[DOUBLEPOST=1360018413][/DOUBLEPOST]And you can also run the cobble through some furnaces for stone if you need to go that deep.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
You'd still have to figure out a way to make the dirt align with the terrain, which sometimes might not be easy. Yes, CC should be one possible solution with a sophisticated enough program.

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
You'd still have to figure out a way to make the dirt align with the terrain, which sometimes might not be easy. Yes, CC should be one possible solution with a sophisticated enough program.

The program does not seem like it would even be that complicated. GPS gives an easy way to find posititions (since you only need relative position to your base, a server inside your base is fine), and you are only looking at a few possible block types. Few enough that you could simply have a cache of them in each turtle, and not worry about shipping items around. Now it makes me want to try it.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Not as much as you think. If you hide in plains, taiga, desert, or some flat biome, deployers on the top would be fine.

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
Live in the Nether. Go about 10k blocks from nether 0,0 (so 80,000 overworld) and build with Warded blocks. Hell, you probably don't even have to do this, nobody goes that far in the nether anyway. You can safely make a bedrock level portal back to the overworld when you need resources, and if you're so inclined to make a trip back to spawn, it's 8x quicker and you can pretty easily hide H.S tracks from railcraft, or two IC2 teleporters fed by a bank of 5 MFSUs /AESUs(10,000 blocks would cost millions of EUs) Tip: Build the tracks under lava in a glass, or warded glass, 3x3 tube. (option 2 is kinda ridiculous)

Live either under the lava, or at y-120.

wolfpax181

Jul 29, 2019
Warded blocks and glass with an arcane door or MFFS with a self-sustainable power source (Solar, T5 blaze spawner, etc). MFFS is the only completely reliable method I know of though. If someone's really nasty they can try to get a Wither into your base even through your warded blocks, the block breaker they do briefly removes warded blocks so they could slide on in and cause havok inside.

If someone is really serious about getting in your base, expect them to cheat. Fully expect them to x-ray in some fashion, so hiding doesn't really work.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
How about some Portal Gun Pellet Launchers, hidden in the sides of the base? This works best of course, when you have a base located inside a mountain or the likes.. but still, they're darn cheap, quite damaging and can be controlled by redstone. :D

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
How about some Portal Gun Pellet Launchers, hidden in the sides of the base? This works best of course, when you have a base located inside a mountain or the likes.. but still, they're darn cheap, quite damaging and can be controlled by redstone. :D
And fire a projectile in a straight line at a crawling speed, complete with a warning sound. You should consider yourself lucky if you manage to hit an AFK person with one.