(Suggestion) Cooldown on MFFS Area Security from Chunk Load

Slaughtz

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all,

My apologies if this is the wrong section for suggestions of this nature - if there is a place I could be forwarded to where this has a possibility of being implemented, it would be much appreciated.

The issue I am having is that server owners, due to immense lag problems, will disable loading chunk tickets completely from all mods. This means that upon login or teleport to a non-preloaded chunk within the boundaries of MFFS Area Security, even the owner of it will be immediately killed.

I think this problem would be mitigated from a slight -start up- time upon chunk loading the area, giving the MFFS Area Security time to detect who has what permissions in the area. Yes, it does minimize the actual security of the place, but not by much - and I propose that it be simply an option of some sort in a config somewhere.

Thanks.

DakkonB

Jul 29, 2019
I think the general consensus is that disabling chunk loaders is never the right approach to fixing/solving lag issues on a server.
The lag issues come from builds/items/structures inside of those chunks. The uninformed knee-jerk reaction of disabling all chunk loaders appears to work on the surface, because as soon as it's done and the chunks unload, sure the lag is gone. However when those players log back in and are in their areas with their builds/items/structures which are the real lag culprits, all of the lag returns.

Players will then do all kinds of craziness in an attempt to force their areas to remain chunk loaded even though chunk loaders are disabled. Things like putting a quarry under their base and other methods to force chunks to remain loaded. Things like that induce even greater lag than just a simple chunk loader.