[Suggestion] Allow Users to make custom ModPacks to select in their launcher

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divergence

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! Well, because I can not switch jars for certain mods every time I want to play a different mod setup, I think it would be great for users to make private, custom ModPacks to choose. I think this would make people more compelled to use the launcher, if they don't like the current mods.

DaNerd27

Jul 29, 2019
You have MultiMC for that, and the FTB Team has explicitly stated that they will be adding those features along with a permissions system at a later date.

Reactions: Divergence

ttech

Jul 29, 2019
From what I understand they have added that in the new Launcher. Once I find more info I will try to let you know how to do it.

Divergence

Jul 29, 2019
You have MultiMC for that, and the FTB Team has explicitly stated that they will be adding those features along with a permissions system at a later date.
Ah, well I have never heard of multimc, and I have not heard the FTB statement. Thank you for the Info :>

ttech

Jul 29, 2019
If you watch the video from Docm below. He interviewed SlowPoke. Watch from about 18mins to 22mins. He says that people will be able to create their own packs and will get a Hash code to give to their friends to download that pack

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019
If you watch the video from Docm below. He interviewed SlowPoke. Watch from about 18mins to 22mins. He says that people will be able to create their own packs and will get a Hash code to give to their friends to download that pack

that is very true, i fixed the final couple of bugs in it last night (well, this morning technically ;))

expect it released later today all being well

Reactions: DaNerd27
Status
Not open for further replies.