Suddendly being "pushed down" during creative (+ other weird things.)

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure it has to do with Minecraft or My PC, but something really weird happened:

So I was messing around in creative mode, planning on building some stuff in an island, when all of a sudden, I'm being pushed down by some invisible force, as if I was underwater sinking, but even if I was pressing the spacebar.

There was nothing on top and I was not above the water, once I reached the floor, i couldn't do anything as if I was under a block or something, even tried moving around, same thing happened.

I logged out then back in, then noticed when i pressed the F3 button, that Pie-chart that used to show up in the lower right (I think its called debug something in optifine) appeared, I don't have Optifine, so not sure why it was there and

I was lagging a bit, so i decide to shut down MC, I tried to open Firefox after that, to report it, but it kept giving me this prompt to start in safe mode I think, would not let me start Firefox at all, and if I clicked anywhere else on the screen, it auto-selected My Ftb, Malwarebytes and Steam Icons + 2 folders...

After a scan to check for viruses and a restart, everything seems to be fine for now, but still, kinda worried about that stuff, was pretty weird.

Also, I disconnected my mouse/ keyboard and it was the same, so it doesn't seem like those could be the cause of the problem.

Does any one have the slightest ides on what the heck just happened?

I know this is pretty random, but I'm a bit freaked out right now, and since it happened while playing FTB, figured I should as around here first.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, that was what I thought at the time, but why or how could I be getting hacked mid game?
I was on SSP and didn't have other programs open.

FrankieTheSnake

Jul 29, 2019
Well you can still be hacked if there is a connection open like they only need the IP adres but it could always be bugs in the main windows system

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
If you hold shift in creative, you can't fly up at the same time.

Shift+F3 brings up the performance display (the pie chart). It's not a part of optifine, it's in vanilla MC.

Shift+double-click starts an application in safe mode.

Shift+click on a program icon selects multiple icons at the same time.

Proof enough yet? It's more than likely that you restarting the computer got the key unstuck.

Reactions: Yuka

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
If you hold shift in creative, you can't fly up at the same time.

Shift+F3 brings up the performance display (the pie chart). It's not a part of optifine, it's in vanilla MC.

Shift+double-click starts an application in safe mode.

Shift+click on a program icon selects multiple icons at the same time.

Proof enough yet? It's more than likely that you restarting the computer got the key unstuck.

Ah see, that makes A LOT more sense than "Uhhh shift key was stuck", thank you.
Well, that explains pretty much all that happened, glad it was something of not much concern. :p

Now I can stop freaking out and know what's going on if it happens next time.
Much appreciated! ^^