Problem Strange Server World problem

Piesofthesky

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. I've been having trouble with my server. When I try to join my server it says that I can't reach it, but it says its running in the log. I tried running the world in single player and it works but when you break blocks you don't ever get them back, like what happens when you have internet problems with a server. When I try to exit the world it crashes my game and if I rejoin its the same as it was the first time before you did anything.
Its not just me that can't join the server, none of my friends can either. I had placed a filler with an engine powering it before it all stopped working. Does anybody know why this is happening or suggest a solution?

CoderJ

Jul 29, 2019
Try changing the ID of the filler in the buildcraft config to something unused (I think 999 should work, your mileage may vary). Buildcraft config is at ./minecraft/config/buildcraft/main.conf; setting you're looking for is "I:filler.id=507" (depending on your pack, it may not be 507).

Not sure what's causing it (someone who knows will probably post after me calling me an idiot and suggesting bat's blood is needed ;)); could be filler is doing something it shouldn't (does happen). By chance, are there any crashes showing up in the ForgeModLoader-server.log (they don't always show up in the regular server.log)? If so, could you post them on pastebin and post the link here? Also, the server mod pack you're using would be greatly appreciated.

Piesofthesky

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using the Mindcrack FTB Pack for the server. Nothing appears in the server log when I fail to connect. I changed the block ID but it did not help. The filler was being powered and had the clear area recipe ready to go but was not next to my land mark. I think it only works if its next to the land mark, so possibly the filler was doing something it shouldn't?

Piesofthesky

Jul 29, 2019
Update, I just Deleted the Filler using worldedit and everything is working now, I'll just hax in another filler :)