Stories Full of Win

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ZeSapper

Jul 29, 2019
I saw a thread about Epic Fails and thought I'd make one for those moments in Minecraft that are just too awesome to not talk about. So lets hear some awesome!

I'll jump start it: I was just out wandering and came across a TC3 obsidian totem with a chest, opened it up and sitting there is a Pickaxe of the Core and a freakin potato gun! Easily the best loot I've ever found.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
The first time I enchanted a vile sword...

2013-01-20_160310_zps2e01705c.png

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I think Vile Swords have wicked enchantability score. Definite above gold.

My first LV30 Vile sword got:
Sharpness IV
Soul Steeler IV
Vorpal II
Disjunction III

Confidential1207

Jul 29, 2019
Me spawn camping My cousin's friends. They were jerks and tekkit fanboys. "FTB is a ripoff of Tekkit" "At least Tekkit has ee2!" Most relaxed have felt in a long time. :cool:

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
I saw a thread about Epic Fails and thought I'd make one for those moments in Minecraft that are just too awesome to not talk about. So lets hear some awesome!

I'll jump start it: I was just out wandering and came across a TC3 obsidian totem with a chest, opened it up and sitting there is a Pickaxe of the Core and a freakin potato gun! Easily the best loot I've ever found.

I can't beat that :/ I found my Atlas's Portal gun in a zombie dungeon that was practically on the surface (it was really close to the entrance to a bunch of caves).

Reactions: ZeSapper

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I think Vile Swords have wicked enchantability score. Definite above gold.

My first LV30 Vile sword got:
Sharpness IV
Soul Steeler IV
Vorpal II
Disjunction III

Wow. I did almost exactly that same sword last night, but with Disjunction II. We all gathered around to watch it work, then made our first soul shard for a slime farm. The wielder of such a sword is referred to as "Cecil."

Reactions: RetroGamer1224

nethervvoid

Jul 29, 2019
First enchant on my current youtube series I got a pickaxe with eff 3 durability (or whatever its called) 4 and fortune 3. =D Diamond ore pops out diamonds like it was redstone.

Reactions: KirinDave

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
Wow. I did almost exactly that same sword last night, but with Disjunction II. We all gathered around to watch it work, then made our first soul shard for a slime farm. The wielder of such a sword is referred to as "Cecil."
I may have remembered wrong, perhasp it was II.

I would strongly recommend immediately re-crafting it into Diamond (you'll never be able to fix it but you'll get 5x the uses from it) with an Uncrafting Table, or making sure to repair it before it gets below 50% left.

My sword I can no longer repair, because I let it get to 10% life remaining, and it costs TOO MANY XP levels to repair :(

Fortunately, I can re-craft it in an Uncrafting Table for 56 levels...... not sure if it's worth that amount of time. 30 levels is 825 XP...... 50 levels is 3956 XP....... 56 is 5687 XP...... so I can make 8 new swords for that much XP :confused:

But yeah, enchant-ability is selected on a random interval [min/max]. So it's basically extra random as to how many extra enchantments you get. I know Ironwood from Twilight Forest is also super-enchantable (but comes by default with enchantments so you cannot get it).

However, the Twilight Forest Mazes generate unenchanted Ironwood Swords (in the chests). I've had tons of luck with those.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Did a bunch of thaumcraft research and made a pickaxe of the core. I enchanted it (level 30), and got repair II, efficency III, and silk touch I. The perfect pickaxe for gregtech. It never needs repair and is uber fast. No more carrying multiple stone pickaxes and mats to make more. I do keep a gemmed pickaxe on me as well for xycraft blocks and in case I need to make more torches.

Now I can just get send everything to the industrial grinder. (Which I still need to build.)

silenos

Jul 29, 2019
I would strongly recommend immediately re-crafting it into Diamond (you'll never be able to fix it but you'll get 5x the uses from it) with an Uncrafting Table, or making sure to repair it before it gets below 50% left.

My sword I can no longer repair, because I let it get to 10% life remaining, and it costs TOO MANY XP levels to repair :(

Items get more expensive every time you use them in an anvil. However you can reset that internal counter by simply renaming the item. I have used the very same Vile Sword for grinding a total of 7 T5 spawners now.

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
Items get more expensive every time you use them in an anvil. However you can reset that internal counter by simply renaming the item. I have used the very same Vile Sword for grinding a total of 7 T5 spawners now.
Sweet! I'll have to re-craft it and remember that.

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
I may have remembered wrong, perhasp it was II.

Fortunately, I can re-craft it in an Uncrafting Table for 56 levels...... not sure if it's worth that amount of time. 30 levels is 825 XP...... 50 levels is 3956 XP....... 56 is 5687 XP...... so I can make 8 new swords for that much XP :confused:

But yeah, enchant-ability is selected on a random interval [min/max]. So it's basically extra random as to how many extra enchantments you get. I know Ironwood from Twilight Forest is also super-enchantable (but comes by default with enchantments so you cannot get it).

However, the Twilight Forest Mazes generate unenchanted Ironwood Swords (in the chests). I've had tons of luck with those.
If you rename a tool the first time you repair it, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. time will cost the same amount. This way you won't keep inflating the cost and eventually have to get rid of the sword.

Edit: Ninja'd :/

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
2 days ago i build 3 multiple block structures in a row without beeing one block short or having 1 too much :)