Stories Full of Win

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I have successfully run my nether lava pump 5-6 times centrifuging the bulk of the output (some goes to make hard glass) for brass.

It feels good when I think about the MANY MANY MANY times I've died in lava, I'm getting my revenge!!

Reactions: ZeSapper

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Last night my wife reported, "Oh hey what's this? A big hedge maze in the twilight forest?" We immediately geared up (I went full nanosuit and saber, my friend went full TC with multiple wands, my wife went with an infinite power bow). We spend fully 45 minutes making gear, farming xp (macerating coal macerating coal macerating coal) and go in. The maze is easy to conquer. We start to head back and as we do, we see a big structure. "What's this?" Suddenly a Naga leaps out and begins to attack us, unawares.

Despite being surprised, despite never having fought that thing before, despite being wounded from a well-hidden nearby druid spawner, we still won and no one died, and got 9 naga scales and a ton of levels for our trouble (and a pretty nice naga statue trophy for our rec room).

It felt really good to win for once. :)

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Found this pretty close to my spawn:

2vx3n7p.png

Yes, that's a naturally formed merged node. The stupid pie chart is covering the other obsidian structure (what are these called, I'm not sure). I have not done anything but looted the chests here, loot was good. The wisp you can see in the background came from this node and it's actually an Aqua wisp which is interesting as like I said I have not done anything here to cause Aqua flux. A total of 3 of those have spawned but after that it spawned 3 Mutatio wisps. The flux was high all the time and didn't go down at all either. I'm planning on making this a combined wisp and zombie pigman farm.

Confidential1207

Jul 29, 2019
Found this pretty close to my spawn:

2vx3n7p.png

Yes, that's a naturally formed merged node. The stupid pie chart is covering the other obsidian structure (what are these called, I'm not sure). I have not done anything but looted the chests here, loot was good. The wisp you can see in the background came from this node and it's actually an Aqua wisp which is interesting as like I said I have not done anything here to cause Aqua flux. A total of 3 of those have spawned but after that it spawned 3 Mutatio wisps. The flux was high all the time and didn't go down at all either. I'm planning on making this a combined wisp and zombie pigman farm.
Lucky you...

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Was first on the map to get a decent power grid + factory going. Put out a sign asking for coal, flint and obsidian as such:
10x stacks coal = 1 diamond
5x stacks flint = 1 diamond
1 stack obsidian = 1 diamond

Ended up with a few diamond chests of each.

For those that don't know, it takes 64 coal, 8 flint and 1 obsidian to make a diamond.... I was paying out MAYBE 2 diamonds for every 10 I was making

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Found this pretty close to my spawn: [SNIP] I'm planning on making this a combined wisp and zombie pigman farm.

Just as a forewarning: With TC 3.0.3 you won't get zombie pigmen, but angry wisps as defenders of their chests. OUCH!

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
On my friend's DW20 SMP I was exploring as both he and his wife were not on the server so little lag. I come across the same pigman guarded obsidian area. Open the chest and 'lo there is a bacon portal gun. I squeed as I made sure to take it. Also seem to have gotten logic matricies and no clue what to do with them. My friend's wife got an Axe of the Stream from a obsidian pillar area.

SamAndrews

Jul 29, 2019
WIN STORY: Found a portal gun in a dungeon chest, in the first couple hours of play - I didn't even have a macerator or pulverizer yet!
FAIL STORY: Lost that portal gun about two hours later while building a pump in the nether - Wraith blasted me into the lava

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
On my friend's DW20 SMP I was exploring as both he and his wife were not on the server so little lag. I come across the same pigman guarded obsidian area. Open the chest and 'lo there is a bacon portal gun. I squeed as I made sure to take it. Also seem to have gotten logic matricies and no clue what to do with them. My friend's wife got an Axe of the Stream from a obsidian pillar area.

Be happy that you got those Logic Matricies! They're modestly rare and let you unlock some of the best features of Factorization next to barrels.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I am happy. Got two and slowly working on getting my heater up and working for Factorization. Beyond that I am almost done with the first tier of Thaumcraft. Need lead and gunpowder transmutations.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Very similar to my favorite sword!

2013-02-18_13.51.00.png

You do know it has to be thaumium in order for "repair" to be of any use, don't you?

KriiEiter

Jul 29, 2019
Found dense ores symbol after we installed the latest Mystcraft after only a few hours. I expected to take a loooooong time filling up my notebooks with all the juicy symbols. Been real lucky. :)