Storage mods

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
I like having everything separated out into either chests, or silos from Immersive Engineering. They take up a lot of space. I mean, they're huge. It's really quite inefficient, which I think is fun considering the world is infinite in size and I don't have to compete with anyone for land.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
don't listem to him, He's biased. last I checked, RS can do anything that AE2 can do. the only thing that AE2 has over it is the fact that things such as the storage bus or inventory panels are multi-part. which, by the way, I have NEVER used
RS can do storage and autocrafting with fluids without an addon and Extra Cells isn't available for 1.10.2 (yet?). That's the main reason why I use RS instead of AE2 in 1.10.2. Meanwhile, RS autocrafting with machines has its drawbacks since the crafter doesn't have an option to wait until the current process is done before it pushes more items into the machine, which sometimes gets you unwanted results in crafting chains that use the same machine for different things. Also you can't format disks and the storage blocks lose their formatting when you break them, which makes adding dedicated storage, especially of fluids, a nightmare.

I'd use AE2 + Extra Cells where both are available. Apart from fluid storage and autocrafting, Extra Cell's ME Block Container is my favorite compact mass storage for up to 512K of one block on a disk at the cost of barely more than a 1k general storage disk, and you can have 10 of them in a drive. Things don't get more compact than that. Without Extra Cells, however, I find AE2 is lacking enough that I prefer RS+Storage Drawers in spite of the aforementioned disadvantages.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Oh and I calculated it, excluding compressed cobble, the densest possible thing that you can make the singularities are osmium blocks, and 256,000 square meters of sodium would have a schwarzchild radius of 0.00012868999560320635 meters which is MUCH smaller than what we see in game. Meaning that those are really just really dense matter balls
While we're being nerdy and nitpicky: it should be cubic metres, not square metres, it should be osmium in the second sentence, not sodium, and it's the "Schwarzschild radius", after this man. I didn't bother to check your calculation because I haven't memorized the Gravitational Constant...

:p

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
While we're being nerdy and nitpicky: it should be cubic metres, not square metres, it should be osmium in the second sentence, not sodium, and it's the "Schwarzschild radius", after this man. I didn't bother to check your calculation because I haven't memorized the Gravitational Constant...

:p
My bad, should still have used those in calculation though, #blameautocorrect, I know, and I used an online calculator