Stoneblock 2 and fullscreen

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

ThirdhandTaters

Mar 4, 2021
So I'm not sure if I can get help here, the Minecraft forums, or where but I have no idea what happened between yesterday and today. I have been playing Stoneblock 2 through the FTB App and up until about 20 minutes ago there was nothing wrong. I know where the problem is, for some reason trying to play the game in fullscreen causes it to crash with error:0 in the Minecraft launcher. I know it's fullscreen that is doing it because I deleted and reinstalled Stoneblock 2 and got back into the game and managed to start a new world just fine and while adjusting all the settings I hit fullscreen and the game immediately crashed and kept crashing until I went into the options config file and set the game back to windowed. I got a pastebin of the last crash report https://pastebin.com/gEMA6tJi

The only things that changed with my system were I updated DirectX, I'm sure it doesn't affect Minecraft anyway, and had to reinstall Batman Arkham City GOTY twice because of it's own problems I was having but I don't know how, if at all, that could have affected Minecraft. That and raised the amount of RAM that can be used from around 4.5Gb to 8Gb

I'm not sure if this a problem for any other modpack as I don't play any others at the moment.

ThirdhandTaters

Mar 4, 2021
It seems that the "FullscreenWindowed" mods is to blame, at least partly. I figured I'd just play in windowed mode just maximised and went on to fix my keybinds, again. I accidentally double clicked on the toggle fullscreen bind, as if to change it but then I decided not to because I had a different issue before all this with removing the fullscreen bind so I changed my mind, well my finger double clicked but then something different happened. I was shown, in minecraft, that there was a problem with a mod and that "FullscreenWindowed" was a possible suspect. Before removing the mod from the folder I couldn't do anything because when I clicked on the "Return to Title" button all that would happen is the text would disappear for a few seconds then reappear only showing a different crash report name. I took the mod out of the folder and could get back into the game and load my single player world up just fine but attempting to get the game in fullscreen still caused it to crash. I'll play like this but I just don't see what I could have done that cause the issue in the first place and hopefully it can be resolved so that if anyone else starts having this issue the proper people can try and fix the problem.

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
You could try removing the TipTheScales mod, as it seems to be the one causing the crash.

ThirdhandTaters

Mar 4, 2021
You could try removing the TipTheScales mod, as it seems to be the one causing the crash.
Unfortunately that didn't work. Here is the new crash report AFTER removing the TipTheScales mod https://pastebin.com/WbagrGEM

Is there a settings/config file for that mods that needs to be removed as well? If there is I'm gonna need help finding it because I have no idea where to start looking.

ThirdhandTaters

Mar 4, 2021
Did that both before and after all of this. I haven't tried playing in fullscreen since the latest update though.

But besides that how could the mod pack work 2 nights ago, then, with the computer being off, not work the next day?

ThirdhandTaters

Mar 4, 2021
OMFG I can't believe what it was, and it makes no sense. I had my monitor overclocked from 144Hz to 160Hz, that's what the issue was. What doesn't make sense is that I played for several days perfectly fine with the game set to max fps of 160 and the OC to my monitor. I'm guessing that one or both the video driver updates I did this past week messed something up with the OC. Now for a small rant, I can't believe that in 2021 we have the ability to overclock pieces of our pc hardware yet the software can't keep up, or something. Rant over. Thanks for the help @Quetzi