Steve`s carts sequoia tree farm?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Unless somethings drastically changed- no. Or at least not the way you're thinking.

If SC updated to work with modded saplings, the carts planting pattern would still cause issues- Sequoia normally need a 3x3 of saplings, and carts only plant single saplings on alternate blocks.
So if you breed a 1x1 girth sequoia it might work....​

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.5 Steve Carts has an Exotic upgrade which allows you to specify the girth of saplings planted, so yes it is possible to plant a 3x3 grid of saplings and grow sequoia trees and also this was purely made for Forestry's bred trees.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know but I checked the exotic upgrade and it goes in the version of Steve carts I have upto 7x7

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Will the cart harvest a redwood?
Or is it height limited, like an MFr harvester? (Without config changes)

And the redwood takes ages to grow, however, with a Steves carts farm planting several, by the time one is harvested, another may have grown...

If these work, then ill never be short on wood again.
Just gonna have to find a redwood first... Blue slimes all over the place, bushes, no trees.

Do Steves carts tools now have durability?
I seem something about that on VSWEs YouTube...

"Are you ALSO tired of... <insert problem I've never had>"
<insert awesome update here>

Galagadorian tos don't have durability, AFAIK, and the chopper costs what, 2 ingots I think? Compared to 11 for the drill?

Anubis

Jul 29, 2019
snip
Do Steves carts tools now have durability?
I seem something about that on VSWEs YouTube...
snip

Yes, the standard and reinforced cutters take damage over time and need diamonds or Reinforced metal to be thrown into the carts GUI.