Steel Armor surplus (dw20 pack)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
So, I started exploring a few mystcraft ages and I have been finding a lot of steel armors. In the Mindcrack pack, I can put those to use by turning them back into steel ingots. In the DW20 pack, there doesn't seem to be a way to do anything about them. I have a chest filled up with armors and tools.. Other than using them for TC3 research, is there anything I could use them for? They're obviously not as good as nano/quantum suits so wearing them is pretty much useless at this point..

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Does the dwpack contain Twilight Forest? If so you can get yourself an uncrafting table and maybe turn the armor back into ingots that way?

zooqooo

Jul 29, 2019
doesn't the alloy furnace give you back some of the metal? It might not recognize steel armor though...

oh well, recycle it :p

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
doesn't the alloy furnace give you back some of the metal? It might not recognize steel armor though...

oh well, recycle it :p
The alloy furnace doesn't work. It's the 1st thing I tried..

Does the dwpack contain Twilight Forest? If so you can get yourself an uncrafting table and maybe turn the armor back into ingots that way?

Thanks, that worked. I dunno why I didn't think about the uncrafting table.. I've used it so many times in the past, too..

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't? That's surprising. Was the armor fully repaired?
It doesn't work since eloraam puts the armor smelting recipes in manually rather than having code to find armor made out of ingots probably because it would result in some unrealistic recipes such as smelting diamond armor into diamonds or chain armor into fire.

zooqooo

Jul 29, 2019
Although turning chain armor into fire would be pretty nice. Does the uncrafting table do that?

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
Well, some items can't be uncrafted at all. He might have had added chain armors in the ones that can't be.