Steam Dynamo and their relation to BC Pump.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Minnesota Jeff

Jul 29, 2019
Ok a little update, I have taken rhn's advise and swapped out my stone pipe for gold pipe for my water pumping system for endless water. Also since there was no gold extraction pipe I created some Emerald extraction pipe to extract from my tanks (40Mb/t) and replaced the wooden pipe that had been under my Phased Fluid Pipe with the golden fluid pipe (80 Mb/t) Really glad for all the tips again you guys. My system is running super good now and all 11 of my Combustion Engines are staying healthy. 11 You ask? Assembly Table, need I say more? :) :)

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
I have not tried that rhn. I'll give it a go. But when I used the engines in my old build I plopped them on the top connected. Seems odd that all of a sudden a month or so later they don't. Appreciate you guys and the tips. Thanks a ton. :)

The rotation behavior changed on them slightly, but in the up-to-date versions of the mods, they still auto-rotate properly. You may be slightly out of date.

But from all your tips and constructive criticism, I am now thinking that set up and the set up I am using is some of the most inefficient ways to pump endless water into my tanks. And now I seem to have a couple better options and I am a little confused, I must admit as to what would be best. What I am mainly doing is pumping water to Combustion Engines and my Steam Generator (for IC2 Coolant generation). And the lava I pump is for my Combustion Engines as well. Which seems for all extensive purposes to work fine. But I believe that is because, if what I was told is correct, the lava pools in the Nether are in fact endless. As apposed to the water and lava in the Overworld.

Lava in the Nether isn't endless, but it does last a while. Also, for lava-based power, you may wish to use Magmatic Dynamos. They're built for it. Combustion Engines are meant for fuel - Lava is sort of a last resort option with them.

If they're anything like the augments for all the other TE machines, you can't use six stacks of them for truly ridiculous water generation, though.

It all depends on your perspective of ridiculous. 4 buckets per second is quite a lot of water for most things.

Minnesota Jeff

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks there King Lemming, I have gotten all the up to date files since I stated this thread. And as a matter of fact, I had a situation where I had some sledge in my quarry that I wanted out and so I set up the BC pump and some Fluiduct to a TE Tank and the Steam Dynamo hooked right up with out any problem at all. I still Phase Pipe my lava from the Nether but I have come across the (Reservoir) which is a good way to have an endless water supply. Learn new things in this game almost daily.