Starting up a FTB server freezes at Registering RFTools Dimensions

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
S

sgoffena

Title:
Starting up a FTB server freezes at Registering RFTools Dimensions
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Infinity Evolved
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
After running the ServerStart.bat the server continues to load until it comes to [Server thread/INFO] [mcjty.lib.varia.Logging]: Registering RFTools dimensions and does not seem to want to get past this point.

Things I have tried:
Running ServerStart.bat as an admin
Making sure Java is up to date
Completely downloading and running a new server

TomScheeper

Jul 29, 2019
Did you recently remove or update mods? It is probably creating a backup, I had this issue too once. Try typing /fml confirm if you see that message.

S

sgoffena

Havent removed or updated any mods. This is on a fresh server build, Java has been installed and everything is up to date. a couple days ago I had downloaded the FTB Infinity Evolved server, accepted the eula and ran the FTBInstall.bat. I had configured nothing. It was able to make it through the entire process of loading the server successfully. I called it a success and called it a night. Today I hop on and try to start up the server and it hang at that point. The whole server is not frozen up, just that particular mod is not letting the FTB server finish loading. I have changed no configs. But I have tried the above. currently it has been sitting here for about 2 hours now stuck on that particular mod.

S

sgoffena

It's not prompting for anything. I did type it in. but it's saying unknown command. So no. didn't do anything.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Maybe it just doesn't write that it is done loading in the console?
The fact that it returned something when you typed "/fml confirm" does indicate it didn't totally freeze.
Try connection to it and see if that works it is worth a shot at the very least.

@TomScheeper that is only if mods got removed and isn't relevant right now. It also should tell you when it needs to be done

TomScheeper

Jul 29, 2019
@TomScheeper that is only if mods got removed and isn't relevant right now. It also should tell you when it needs to be done

Well I had this issue once before. The server also stopped at "Registering RFTools Dimensions", and after a few restarts I figured why not type the fml confirm command. I did look for it though in the console log and I found the message a few lines down in the midst of console spam.

S

sgoffena

OK, So I did try fml confirm /fml confirm also checked to see if I could connect to it anyways and I am not able to. I'm not at home right now but I can post the full log later.. I know there were a couple different logs. Under what folder is the one I need?

TomScheeper

Jul 29, 2019
OK, So I did try fml confirm /fml confirm also checked to see if I could connect to it anyways and I am not able to. I'm not at home right now but I can post the full log later.. I know there were a couple different logs. Under what folder is the one I need?
in /logs/ fml-server-latest.log

thobol

Jul 29, 2019
i had the same problem i tried to connect to my server and it worked like normal

maybe just try to connnect

Franklin330

Jul 29, 2019
Already tried to just connect. Doesn't work. "java.net.COnnectException: Conection timed out: no further information:

K

Kay Nikkai

I'm now having the same issue;

I'm using FTB Infinity Evolved v2.5.0
The Server loads in the Command line up to here:
[22:55:37] [Server thread/INFO] [mcjty.lib.varia.Logging/rftools]: Registering RFTools dimensions

Then stops all together. I've tried leaving the Server running overnight and it would back the server up every 4 hours, regardless of not completing the full initialization.

I checked the Server logs and they had more information to offer than the command line, though I can't easily decipher what it means.

See the logs attached.

Attachments

• fml-server-latest.txt
    2.4 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:
K

Kay Nikkai

I've found the solution~

After doing some research, it appeared that everyone that had this issue after re-configuring their WiFi or internet
settings. I realized that I had used my router elsewhere to setup a temporary LAN for friends.

[Windows]

1) Check your router settings to ensure your Port Forwarding is still accurate. (Mine was set to a different IP likely caused by the different temporary setup I had). To do this:
a) [Window] + R This will open up run program window, type "cmd" and hit [Enter].

b) type ipconfig/all This will display a list.

c) Find the IP of your router. It should appear like so: 192.168.0.1
The last 2 numbers may vary.

d) Type this IP into your browser, this will take you to router login. Login to the console.

e) Go to Advanced Settings and open up Port Forwarding. Ensure your computer's local Address
has it's Ports opened to [25565]. Make sure your address is current.

2) Edit the server in the multiplayer list in the FTB/Minecraft window to match the IP you've reset your Port Forwarding to.

3) Restart the Server.

4) Refresh the Multiplayer List.

Bingo! This worked for me, hopefully this solves everyone else's issues.

Note:

The Server will still stop updating at Registering RFTools etc. However this is because it's the last message that the console will display. The server is running normally, just attempt to connect to the server after confirming Port Forwarding and the IP are set correctly.

H

hankpharris

Sorry to necro the thread, but im having the same issue, and i just verified the ip in my portforard and server file, yet it still isnt fixed

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Sorry to necro the thread, but im having the same issue, and i just verified the ip in my portforard and server file, yet it still isnt fixed
Create a new thread, as your issue is not at all the same issue as the original poster - and don't put your ip in server.properties, leave that row empty