Starting Package for Monster Pack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

hugsssss

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this message is getting through. I don't want to cheat to the point where the game is easy, I just want to skip the initial vanilla stuff that always happens so the game isn't repetitive. Anyway, I spawned in with a bonus chest that had 15 RotaryCraft Steel Ingots in it, so I don't need to decide what I should cheat in :p

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Not YX... :p
PDQbHW9.png

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Cheat yourself in an iron pick and that's it. You would be surprised how that alone jumpstarts you. It allows you to gather gold and redstone sooner which tends to be the starting point for all the tech mods.
Usualy packs with rotarycraft have starter bonus chest that have some HSLA steel which you can use to make a steel pick.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
The only thing I cheat in is the "Cheat Chest" at the beginning. I do leave cheat mod on, but not for items... I prefer living in a hollowed out Natura Redwood, and sometimes have to search for a plains biome. Flying aids greatly in the search.

If I happen across a village, desert temple. jungle temple, "spider tree" or burial mound in a plain I'll stop, go back into normal mode and plunder, fighting all comers as required. This usually gets me far enough ahead after I find my tree, and may result in a bit of food as well.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I cheat in is the "Cheat Chest" at the beginning. I do leave cheat mod on, but not for items... I prefer living in a hollowed out Natura Redwood, and sometimes have to search for a plains biome. Flying aids greatly in the search.

If I happen across a village, desert temple. jungle temple, "spider tree" or burial mound in a plain I'll stop, go back into normal mode and plunder, fighting all comers as required. This usually gets me far enough ahead after I find my tree, and may result in a bit of food as well.
I hope you're joking... :p

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
A day 3 start could be fun without wasting much since it's mainly vanilla stuff at day 1 and 2 :
2 stack of logs, 10 steaks, 10 wool and a saphire tool kit.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I hope you're joking... :p
Nope, a simple iron pick lets you skip the stone stage, you can use x to enchant it with efficiency and unbreakable too, maybe fortune if you feel extra cheaty.

It depends on how much of the game OP wants to skip.