Starting over or waiting for 1.7 packs to come?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Start 1.6.4 world or wait for 1.7 packs?

• Start with 1.6.4

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Wait for 1.7 packs

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters

PureEvil

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there, I used to play 1.5.2 and 1.6.4 packs quite a lot, I usually get bored after a month of playing and I start over with a new world but it is fine for me. Since I heard about ongoing 1.7 packs development, I'm quite concerned whether should I start a new world with Monster pack (I missed a lot of updates and it might be quite new for me) or wait for the new 1.7 packs?

Thanks in advance.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
it's going to be more than a month before the 1.7 packs appear, so by your own logic you should start a new 1.6.4 world first :)

Reactions: Padfoote

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Play another 1.6.4 pack for a change of pace.

Agrarian Skies is simply amazing (Modded skyblock with quests!) and Blood'n Bones also sounds really interesting (if you look for a challenge).

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
There is currently 1 1.7 FtB pack available... "Unstable" (I kid you not!). It doesn't have a whole lot of mods yet, nor is it in 'recommended' phase, but if you want to start playing 1.7 it is a way to do so.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I've been hoping we could start moving towards a Resonant Rise modpack on 1.7. I gotta tell you, things are still VERY raw! NEI barely works (the GUI and advanced search features are not yet working), lots of core mods are unstable, we only just got the ability to remove mods without crashing everything. And if there were minecraft 1.7.9+ features you were hoping for then sorry, it's 1.7.2.

Even for early adopters, 1.7 is a tough place to be right now. I suspect it'll be another month or three before that changes. I wouldn't hold back on playing now. At the very worst, you can start over with whole new mods.

PureEvil

Jul 29, 2019
I've been hoping we could start moving towards a Resonant Rise modpack on 1.7. I gotta tell you, things are still VERY raw! NEI barely works (the GUI and advanced search features are not yet working), lots of core mods are unstable, we only just got the ability to remove mods without crashing everything. And if there were minecraft 1.7.9+ features you were hoping for then sorry, it's 1.7.2.

Even for early adopters, 1.7 is a tough place to be right now. I suspect it'll be another month or three before that changes. I wouldn't hold back on playing now. At the very worst, you can start over with whole new mods.

Thanks, good to hear some technical stuff, that convinced me to stay with 1.6.4 since things are so unstable on 1.7. I am a fan of Resonant Rise btw, keep up the great work :)

There is currently 1 1.7 FtB pack available... "Unstable" (I kid you not!). It doesn't have a whole lot of mods yet, nor is it in 'recommended' phase, but if you want to start playing 1.7 it is a way to do so.

Yep, I am aware of it but as in any early, in-dev pack, it lacks some crucial mods to begin with so I'd rather stick with 1.6.4.

Thanks for your thoughts guys, I think I am going to have some fun with 1.6.4...at least for now :)