Starting FTB with more RAM on 32 bit?? (Slider doesnt go above 1GB)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

YooKahZee

Jul 29, 2019
I want to set it to 2, but my slider only goes up to 1, any idea why. (Any bat files I can use?)

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I want to set it to 2, but my slider only goes up to 1, any idea why. (Any bat files I can use?)

You need to run MineCraft with 64-bit Java, which you may not even have installed.

A horrible video, but the first one I found that details the data needed:

MrAndrew420

Jul 29, 2019
Possible that you only have 1GB RAM in your rig? Mine has no problem going to 16 because that's what I have.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Possible that you only have 1GB RAM in your rig? Mine has no problem going to 16 because that's what I have.

If he only had 1GB of RAM in his system, it should have capped out at around 512MB (or possibly 768MB, depending on the launcher used). It sounds entirely of 32-bit Java.

YooKahZee

Jul 29, 2019
I actually have 3 :p So yeah.. (Send me some!)

Also I dont think you can install 64 bit java onto 32 bit windwos >.>

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

If you are on a 32 bit operating system, you are not going to be able to utilize a 64 bit program, which means that you are not going to be able to resolve this issue.

The course for resolution is to upgrade your operating system to a 64 bit operating system and then install 64 bit Java.

Good luck!

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019

You can only install 64-bit programs on 64-bit Windows. You should always get a 64-bit operating system. If you only have 3GB, I honestly wouldn't recommend setting it any higher. 1GB should be enough anyway.

YooKahZee

Jul 29, 2019
Its enough but its quite choppy. I cant install 64 bit, I dont have a disk or anything :( Any other solutions? (Or someone who can send me an installation cd XD)

Or maybe solutions to fix frame rates?

VyronVass

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe you can try the advanced options menu.In the advanced options menu there is a textbox for jvm command line arguments,try adding the following code to

Code:
-Xmx2048M -Xms1024M

that textbox.

Maybe working,maybe not working.Just try it.

Reactions: Guswut

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

Worth a shot either way. Every time I've tried 32-bit Java running more than 1GB of memory, though, it became highly unstable shortly after starting and crashed. Hopefully YooKahZee has better luck. Otherwise, to OptiFine!

YooKahZee

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe you can try the advanced options menu.In the advanced options menu there is a textbox for jvm command line arguments,try adding the following code to

Code:
-Xmx2048M -Xms1024M

that textbox.

When I start it it says JAVA VIRTUAL MACHINE IS DUMB AND WANTS TO CRASH ON YOU! So I guess it doesnt work :p Thanks though

YooKahZee

Jul 29, 2019
Worth a shot either way. Every time I've tried 32-bit Java running more than 1GB of memory, though, it became highly unstable shortly after starting and crashed. Hopefully YooKahZee has better luck. Otherwise, to OptiFine!
I shaid I have optifine! XD Optifine rocks but still quite choppy :p Thanks for all the suggestions though :D

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Upgrade. Your. OS. You're hitting fundamental limits on what 32 bit OS's can do.

Linux will play Minecraft perfectly fine and 64-bit installations are "free as in it costs as much as it costs to download the OS."

Reactions: Guswut

YooKahZee

Jul 29, 2019
Upgrade. Your. OS. You're hitting fundamental limits on what 32 bit OS's can do.

Linux will play Minecraft perfectly fine and 64-bit installations are "free as in it costs as much as it costs to download the OS."
Can I install linux but still keep windows? Also i've heard its hard to install java stuff on linux :f