Starting fresh world

Micmager

Jul 29, 2019
My wife and I have a dedicated whitelisted server and neither of us know where to start with FTB. I was told that we should concentrate heavily on railcraft and thermo-expansion. What direction specifically should we be headed in as a good start?

bereborm

Jul 29, 2019
direwolf starting video's is a way to learn more from ftb. just look in his playlist. otherwise some basistutorials from other youtubers you can use as wel for a guideline.

darR3Ke

Jul 29, 2019
the easiest way to start is with industrial craft 2 to double your ore output among other things. If you disable gregtech that is, what i would recommend if you are new.

Thermal expansion can do the same thing as industrial craft for doubling ores, but you need to keep an eye on multiple engines or work with buildcraft pipes. That would make you use several mods at onces, seeing how many types of engines there are these days. With IC2 you got everything in one mod.

The upside on using thermal expansion is tho, once you have the engines, you can use those to power your rolling machine from railcraft.

if you really want to focus on railcraft, make sure the first thing you setup are several coke engines to get a headstart on creosole oil, cause you will need to use that a lot to make rails.

Micmager

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with the iron tank, I'm piping creosote oil into it from a few coke ovens and it'll load up for a while then I'll check it again and all of the oil is gone.

Has anyone got a fix for this?

darR3Ke

Jul 29, 2019
is the valve at the bottom, i've heared it has a bug when the valve blockis on the bottom, i had some creosode oil disappearing too... it stopped when i moved the valve to the side of the tank

Micmager

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for the tip I've tried it just now. Sucks that I didn't know about it before I've lost about 800,000 units of creosote oil.