Starting a new FTB server? I want to!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kulflame

Jul 29, 2019
I'm Jason. I'm 32 and I love modded Minecraft.
I have been wanting to have a nice server to play on with like-minded individuals but have a hard time finding the right people. I'd love to start up a FTB server with a few good players -- Maybe a core of 7-10 people; no more than 15 that were mature.

I'd love to have one or two people to help me run the server - to help keep order and to help advertise the server to get more people. I do not intend to make profits on the server nor would I ask for $.

Would anyone be interested in helping/joining? I'd host it and run the Infinity FTB pack.

shreds

Jul 29, 2019
Not certain this was the best forum for your topic, but anyhow I know what you mean and I'd be down, used to play vanilla with a small community from another site since 2010 but it's hard to find a normal server without the fluff that comes with the large scale ones that tend to advertise. I'd probably be interested because I get so flaky with single player (20 yo)

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't mind joining/helping out, but could ya tell a bit more info on how you're gonna run the server? Host it on your own computer or rent a hosting service or ~~

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
What Modpack are you gonna use? What rules do you have planned for the server to assure that server?

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Re-read my first post...

Sorry :) but can´t find the info there. So I understand that there is not Fix FTB pack yet you have in mind? And that would be a desicion of the playerbaser or the Admin group?

I play atm at a solo DW20 world with Galacticraft/reika mods installed but I find it hard to motivate me, if no one sees what I´m doing or to see how others do.
So I would be happy yo join a group of players. But its always critical to join a server that is not your own since you never know when the admin decide to delete the hole world. Thats why I asked for Server rules. If for example a regular World Download would be a probleem.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Unless he has edited his post since, it clearly says:

Nothing about server rules though, in case that's what you meant.
I meant both. and to put the Info in the last word is not fair ;) You can´t expect me to read the last word do you?

kulflame

Jul 29, 2019
Rules would be made after I had commited people to playing on the server and/or help run it.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Well then. If you are not to mad about me to not read the last word. Just let me know as soon as you have more people. .)

CuriousKey

Jul 29, 2019
A bit more info might help you entice people. I'd be potentially interested, but for example, I live in Ireland, so the hosting location would be a critical piece of info for me. Just an example of info you could add to the OP to help people know if your server would be relevant to them. :)

Reactions: kulflame

kulflame

Jul 29, 2019
A bit more info might help you entice people. I'd be potentially interested, but for example, I live in Ireland, so the hosting location would be a critical piece of info for me. Just an example of info you could add to the OP to help people know if your server would be relevant to them. :)

Awesome suggestion!

Server Location - Central USA.
Mature (18+)

I would prefer members use a voice program such as teamspeak, mumble, vent, etc. I do have a teamspeak server.

Automation2000

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to join I'm currently head admin of another infinity server but there's always issues and I don't get much play time

Tankh

Jul 29, 2019
I meant both. and to put the Info in the last word is not fair ;) You can´t expect me to read the last word do you?
but.. but.. that's where the "TL;DR" usually is, so that would be the word I'd expect you to read the most :p

kulflame

Jul 29, 2019
So I got the server... 198.154.121.184:25565... and a good looking starting area.
Now I need whitelist names... and people willing to make this community work! Any takers?

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to join, if it's not too late. I do, however, have to go to school everyday, besides Saturday and Sunday, so there's that.