Squeezers and gates

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I have not been able to find a conditional that works with buildcraft gates (gold, at least) that can understand 'there's no room for apples' or 'there's room for apples'.

What's the best way to automate this? Just feed apples in as fast as you can and just make sure that you've got a ginormous tank to store the apple juice in so there's a near zero chance of waste?

Cisco78

Jul 29, 2019
That's kinda what I've got going. I've got two squeezers feeding into a massive 9x9 Railcraft tank LOL (part of a nutty project). It's not going to fill up anytime soon, so you really don't need anything crazy big. Eventually though, the apple juice will be feed into fermenters producing Bio Mass. I've got 3 autarchic gates on my squeezers. One controls both with a condition of "has work" emit red pipe signal. This controls the electric engines. The other 2, remove mulch and place them in a chest for the fermenters. It works well. The squeezers are fed apples via a Forestry tree farm. As of now there's a steady supply, but nothing to overwhelm two.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
I have not been able to find a conditional that works with buildcraft gates (gold, at least) that can understand 'there's no room for apples' or 'there's room for apples'.

What's the best way to automate this? Just feed apples in as fast as you can and just make sure that you've got a ginormous tank to store the apple juice in so there's a near zero chance of waste?

Put a hopper on top, pipe into hopper, set gate to 'available inventory'

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Obviously, same would work with redpower. Managers might also do the job with a similar effectiveness as logistics pipes.

Also, if you're using hoppers, set your gates to only activate when the hoppers are empty, so it'll never overwhelm it, but should always keep it supplied.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, if you want alternatives that DON'T involve gates? Just have a Clay Golem set to keep as many Apples in each Squeezer as possible. You can have another clay golem nearby set to put the mulch in a barrel, and if you put a marker on top of each squeezer he'll happily keep them all cleaned out.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I need to look at those golems, I think. I'm having a lot of problems automating moisteners, squeezers, and fermenters. It sucks to have to login every 12 hours to drop more wheat in the squeezer.