Sphaxed out

Gilliam

Jul 29, 2019
Ok this one has me totally stumped. I use sphax texture pack with unleashed addon 64x (been using it for months) and this happens on load
2013-11-12_13.23.30.png

Switch to Soartex and no issues if i use default textures then again no issues. and this is the same on single player worlds (newly generated)

I dont have optifine installed in Jarmods I have 4 of a possible 5g ram allocated and this problem has simply just started. I have reinstalled a fresh version of the launcher and reinstalled the sphax a number of times.

Thanks for your help

Gilliam

Jul 29, 2019
Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I remember reading a post questioning limits of available textures within a pack or is it a case of x amount of ram = x amount of textures ? I have posted the same question on the sphax forum but if anyone else has come across this or has any ideas ?

there just doesn't seem to be any complete Unleashed texture packs available

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Try moving to an updated Version of Unleashed not the Recommended 1.1.3 but maybe 1.1.7.... Mine is running a bit smoother on 1.1.7
As always Backup everything before trying, so you can revert if you need to.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I remember reading a post questioning limits of available textures within a pack or is it a case of x amount of ram = x amount of textures ? I have posted the same question on the sphax forum but if anyone else has come across this or has any ideas ?

there just doesn't seem to be any complete Unleashed texture packs available

No there is no Complete Sphax addon Texture pack for Unleashed. Rednics one was an early attempt but seems to have been forgotten about. You are better off building your own for your own system. I'm up to 148mb Zipped Sphax addon pack (128x) and still have heaps to go. Adding as things become available. They are all working on 1.6 stuff now. Which if you know what your doing you can steal out of those 1.6 packs and place in the 1.5 pack ;)

The thing that really annoys me is the Butterflies. I can't find anymore than 34 texture files for them so the Forestry Addon is obviously mixing the original 16bit textures together to make the New Genomes and not Using my Sphaxified Original 34 :mad:. Oh Well :(

Gilliam

Jul 29, 2019
It seems there is a limit to amount of textures my system can handle would compressing the file increase this and if so why when i compress the file does the minecraft texture select option not recognise it

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
It seems there is a limit to amount of textures my system can handle would compressing the file increase this and if so why when i compress the file does the minecraft texture select option not recognise it

Your Texture file most certainly Should be Zipped when Minecraft (FTB) is looking at it to load. Yes! The more textures there is to load the more RAM Unleashed seems to need.
I'm running a i7 3.5 (3.8 can OC to about 4.3 but summers here and I still need to buy me a CPU cooler). My Nivida is a GTX 590 a duel GPU card with 1.6gb ram per GPU (great Card for newer games! but regret my choice as I like a few games that don't like it).
Personally I think those guys that Sphaxify the Addons should retain All of the Textures in the Mod and Overwrite each one they do, but include in their release a copy of all other relevant files. Example being the Advanced Computer which was missing a side in Rednics release was all due the fact the .Txt file wasn't included in the pack.
If your an Nvidia user make sure to add to 3d management Java Binary javaw.exe
Ash has a few help guides you may want to look at. (sorry not sure on correct spelling Ashification?)

Gilliam

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortuntely I have a mac mini. Its great desktop PC but feel I was misled when purchasing it as its by no means a gaming PC. also it seems as I there is no way of upgrading graphics options as its integrated onto the motherboard thus I'm limited to about 25-30 FPS and stuck with this. I did try to compress the texture pack I use but can't select it as an option from the main menu ?

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Wait you got SOARTEX on ftb... every time i try to get it it just puts me back on the vanilla one like "oh you want THAT texture pack? HAHAHAHAHA.... no" how did you do it

LightHero

Jul 29, 2019
fyi - there is an updated Sphax Unleashed texture pack (put together by me). I have taken over the forum that rednic started. I also put together the Direwolf20 pack for 1.6.4MC. enjoy!

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019

jodelahithit

Jul 29, 2019
which sphax ftb patch download did you do. i have a mac and it works fine with the one made by the guys who did the one for previuos versions of ftb
I don't use sphax since i don't like it.
I have tried Soartex, JSTR, faithful and some other texture packs that were compatible with FTB

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019

LightHero

Jul 29, 2019
NEVER look under that area...Sphax is in the process and has been of doing major overhauls and the only reliable source of downloads is on the forums. Try this instead: http://bdcraft.net/community/pbdc-patches-rel-packs/ You can find more than enough packs for tons of modpacks here, including 3 (DW20 MC1.6.4, Monster, and Unleashed) that I have created and kept up-to-date and working.