Speed Run Pack Concepts

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I want to make a pack which main goal is to defeat all the bosses the modpack has to offer, the trick is I want this to be painfully hard, as hard as i can make it in fact. Here is my list:

-Enviromine
-Deadly World
-Zombie Awareness
-Lycranites Mobs
-Hardcore Ender Expansion
-Tinkers Construct
-Iguana Tweaks
-Metallurgy
-Nether Ores
-Hunger OverHaul
-Special Mobs
-Chocoalate Quest
-Hardcore Questing Mode

Any comments and/or suggestions are much appreciated

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Looks good, though Jaded and Eya have already brought us enough hardcore modpacks, this one might be unique and interesting though.
What version of Minecraft are you looking at? From looking at those mods I'm guessing 1.6.4.
I would go for 1.7.2 though, since it is just around the corner and you will get a large amount of publicity.

I recommend using mods that FTB players are not familiar with, it will give them a nice surprise when they play it. And increase the chance of the modpack popularity. :)

List of 1.7.2 mods: http://modlist.mcf.li/version/1.7.2

Reactions: ThomazM

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Looks good, though Jaded and Eya have already brought us enough hardcore modpacks, this one might be unique and interesting though.
What version of Minecraft are you looking at? From looking at those mods I'm guessing 1.6.4.
I would go for 1.7.2 though, since it is just around the corner and you will get a large amount of publicity.

I recommend using mods that FTB players are not familiar with, it will give them a nice surprise when they play it. And increase the chance of the modpack popularity. :)

List of 1.7.2 mods: http://modlist.mcf.li/version/1.7.2

There can never be enough hardcore pack!

But seriously, every hardcore pack I've ever seen has a unique flavor that distinguishes it from the rest. Each one has a unique, handcrafted tech tree unlike the usual dragon drop with config edits packs normally use. BnBs is a perfect example of this, it's really MineTweakered and the recipes have really changed. In my opinion, I feel Hardcore packs are more diverse than casual packs. Well, except for casual packs that are based around little-known or niche mods

Reactions: RealSketch