1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Speed of Orchards?

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by Setari, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Setari

Setari New Member

Does anyone know what the speed of Orchards are yet?

And dang treealyzers needing honey...

2. ItharianEngineering

ItharianEngineering New Member

Seems they can use up to 75 MJ/t from what the MJ reader told me, but the rate that they gather apples/fruit is dependent on the actual trees stats.

3. Setari

Setari New Member

Ah figures, I got some slow growing saplings... and I take it the whole tree breeding thing is needed to make faster trees that grow faster apples?

4. ItharianEngineering

Of course :D The base apple tree is awful from what I saw. In my tests it was an apple every 30-60 seconds. Not very good at all.

5. Setari

Setari New Member

Oh god :[ that's awful considering I think my trees are longer than that... but if you timed it then I guess I was trying to watch a pot boil, lol. Has anyone figured out the tree breeding yet?

Also I think it's MUCH longer than 30 to 60 seconds... it's been about 30 minutes since I started with my farm and I've started messing around with bees and I only have 2 apples.

6. ItharianEngineering

7. vKILLZ0NEv

vKILLZ0NEv New Member

anyone know which trees have the fastest fruit bearing? I've been looking and can't find what trees have what traits.

8. ItharianEngineering

Assuming that sappiness is the fruit yield then Walnut, Chestnut, and Cherry trees all have 'Highest' in that stat. Yield I believe is for the actual saplings, but I am not sure.