Spawn greif

wiffington

Jul 29, 2019
just putting a warning. Players or non-ops can greif spawn with mining lasers. So tip dont build like a nice spawn because it could get destroyed.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Or, alternatively, if this is one of your concerns:
  • Use a whitelist and/or ban the crap out of indigent trolls when/if they get through. Make responsible use of mod items part of your terms of playing.
  • Disable the mining laser recipe in your server's IC2 configuration.
  • Keep a backup of the region file for your spawn and be prepared to revert to it if the worst happens.
"Don't build nice things", in my opinion, isn't much of a solution if you want to actually administrate a server rather than be bulldozed by trolls and vandals. If you're so desperate to see a longer list of names when you hit "Tab" to allow this behavior, you might as well just declare the world a war zone and let them go at it and go build things in your private Mystcraft age nobody else has a book to... in which case, why are you really bothering with SMP at all anyway?

Reactions: QueWhat and Chakyl

Mercury

Jul 29, 2019
  • Use a whitelist and/or ban the crap out of indigent trolls when/if they get through. Make responsible use of mod items part of your terms of playing.
  • Keep a backup of the region file for your spawn and be prepared to revert to it if the worst happens.
"Don't build nice things", in my opinion, isn't much of a solution if you want to actually administrate a server rather than be bulldozed by trolls and vandals. If you're so desperate to see a longer list of names when you hit "Tab" to allow this behavior, you might as well just declare the world a war zone and let them go at it and go build things in your private Mystcraft age nobody else has a book to... in which case, why are you really bothering with SMP at all anyway?

Mining Laser is not toggleable in IC2.cfg

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Mining Laser is not toggleable in IC2.cfg
Sure it is.

itemToolMiningLaser=29952 ==> itemToolMiningLaser=0

Please inform me of how many people made a Mining Laser on a server with that config. =)

Mercury

Jul 29, 2019
Sure it is.

itemToolMiningLaser=29952 ==> itemToolMiningLaser=0

Please inform me of how many people made a Mining Laser on a server with that config. =)
Server won't start if you change it to zero. item conflict.

Edit. Fresh map needed. Going to report back soon.

Yeah! It works. Amazing. I didn't read an error for the first time.

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019

+1 Like. Great advise Vauthil. Question for you; where can I find the corresponding region file so that I can make a back up? We have a neat spawn thanks to our builder admin and I'd hate to lose it without a posibility of restore (we are whitelisted, but recently found out there is a thief in the server! thief=griefer in my book).

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Server won't start if you change it to zero. item conflict.

Edit. Fresh map needed. Going to report back soon.

Yeah! It works. Amazing. I didn't read an error for the first time.
Yes, I should likely caveat with "you want to set this when you do the setup on your server for the first time for best results". My bad. =)

+1 Like. Great advise Vauthil. Question for you; where can I find the corresponding region file so that I can make a back up? We have a neat spawn thanks to our builder admin and I'd hate to lose it without a posibility of restore (we are whitelisted, but recently found out there is a thief in the server! thief=griefer in my book).

<server instance folder path here>/world/region/ is where all the info is. The file you want for your spawn point (if at the world-generated default) can be determined by plugging in the coords of your spawn at this lovely tool Dinnerbone made. Plug in the coords at the top and click somewhere else on the screen and the bottom window will give you the name of the relevant .rca file. If you want to be very thorough, go out to the edges of your construction and test coords there; it may bleed over into other .rcas.

Reactions: QueWhat