Space Block - HQM Jampack WIP

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Please, no insults. I'm not going to commit myself to a mod that I barely know if I don't know if it can be finished b4 the deadline. It would normally take me a month to play through the Agrian Skies map and now I'm creating the map and doing a test playthrough as well.

One thing the wikis won't tell you is that no mobs spawn at the space station. I need to determine if I want the player to make a huge tree farm or add a recipe for bonemeal.
You must be new to the Internet. You may want a guide. Lucky for you, I'm available.

Runner ID: YX33A
Skill Set: Going Fast, Drinking Booze, Finding interesting things, Making this Interesting
Specialization: Taking the Piss, Trolling, using simple tools to identify Shitposting, and occasionally being helpful
Benefit: Will make the whole thing interesting for everyone
Downside: Can only really teach via trolling and being a dick.

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a suggestion for a chest mod(a mod that adds storage upgrades) I love iron chests and factorization, but adding a different mod might make the pack not feel as similar as other packs.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a suggestion for a chest mod(a mod that adds storage upgrades) I love iron chests and factorization, but adding a different mod might make the pack not feel as similar as other packs.
BetterStorage. So much great content beyond chests as well. Also if you're looking for barrels, take a glance at JABBA.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Better Storage has a selection of metal chests, but they all have the same amount of storage(except the thaumium one), so DartCraft is a great choice if you want actually more storage from chests and want to upgrade them to get more storage.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Better Storage has a selection of metal chests, but they all have the same amount of storage(except the thaumium one), so DartCraft is a great choice if you want actually more storage from chests and want to upgrade them to get more storage.
I like DC, but I feel it may be too magical for a pack based around space travel.

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
So is IC2, for that matter.
Half being serious, half making fun of tech mods' notorious magic blocks, as they are called here, with a modpack I'm almost done configuring and tweaking where you have to do magic first (machine frames cost either manasteel or thaumium, and other various magic materials. Also added lots of blood magic recipes, including alloying with the alchemical chemistry set)

Reactions: Padfoote and YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Half being serious, half making fun of tech mods' notorious magic blocks, as they are called here, with a modpack I'm almost done configuring and tweaking where you have to do magic first (machine frames cost either manasteel or thaumium, and other various magic materials. Also added lots of blood magic recipes, including alloying with the alchemical chemistry set)
This pack sounds interesting. Can't wait to try it. More then a few people may find it enjoyable due to the interesting use of magic to form tech, but I know the difference between magic and tech is, in the end, the paint job.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, this is a nice flavour that could go with my pack. @AlCapella 1.7?

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
This pack sounds interesting. Can't wait to try it. More then a few people may find it enjoyable due to the interesting use of magic to form tech, but I know the difference between magic and tech is, in the end, the paint job.
Yes, they are a lot of the same things. The inspiration was kind of frustration at how magic mods are a hobby in most worlds. People use tech for everything important (resource gathering + processing). Tbh, I haven't seen a single other person use an automated thaumcraft ore doubling system like I have in my world (shear bloodwood leaves for metallum and autocraft smooth sandstone for ordo), and that bothers me a little. It also kind of makes sense because IRL you doesn't see people come at you with digitized item storage a week into existence. We spent about 100 years trying to do alchemy.

OT: may I suggest reika's mods to the OP? Jet engines and tokamak fusion reactors sound like exactly what you need :)

Reactions: YX33A

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
pizzawolf14, i will look at the mod.

I spent half the day looking into ways to create fuel for galaticraft. I didn't get a ic2 canner recipe working but I did find out a way to fuel the ships with the mods currently installed. Do not read the spoiler if you want to figure it out yourself if/when you play the pack.
Centrifuging 256 soul sand gives 16 oil cells
Distilling 16 oil cells gives you 16 diesel fuel and a bunch of other things.
You can discard the contents of the cells using the automatic canning machine or use them for something else

Estimates on stats
proces 16 dieself fuel cells - about 32 round trips to mars
requires 256 soul sand
requires 96 tin, most returned
requires 456k eu, aprox 114 charcoal and 38 minutes with a generator
requires - mfe to run at correct voltage

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
pizzawolf14, i will look at the mod.

I spent half the day looking into ways to create fuel for galaticraft. I didn't get a ic2 canner recipe working but I did find out a way to fuel the ships with the mods currently installed. Do not read the spoiler if you want to figure it out yourself if/when you play the pack.
Centrifuging 256 soul sand gives 16 oil cells
Distilling 16 oil cells gives you 16 diesel fuel and a bunch of other things.
You can discard the contents of the cells using the automatic canning machine or use them for something else

Estimates on stats
proces 16 dieself fuel cells - about 32 round trips to mars
requires 256 soul sand
requires 96 tin, most returned
requires 456k eu, aprox 114 charcoal and 38 minutes with a generator
requires - mfe to run at correct voltage
If you want people to figure things out for themselves, you're doing something wrong for a HQM map.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Is 'I have' the wrong answer?
YES.jpg

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
There always is the option to reveal it later, but it's impossible to make someone unsee something.

Does anyone know what happened to the recipe.config for gregtech. It was in ultimate, but it doesn't appear to be in 1.6

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
There always is the option to reveal it later, but it's impossible to make someone unsee something.

Does anyone know what happened to the recipe.config for gregtech. It was in ultimate, but it doesn't appear to be in 1.6
Isn't every config of GT now in the dynamicconfig?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

It's totally possible to unsee or unlearn. For instance, once you fuck off for a while I forget I ever said this to you.
Plus Diesel fuel from GT already works in the bloody Rocket Fueling Machine(IIRC).