Soul Shards config question [Mindcrack v6]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OneWolf

Jul 29, 2019
In the config for Soul Shards there is an option for setting how many kills between tiers for filling up the soul shards, but I haven't been able to figure out how that works. I wanted to play with them in a test world before setting out on hunting trips so I set the number of kills down to 20 and started a fresh flat world to test it out in. My first tier showed up at 64, which is the unchanged rate listed in the Soul Shards thread at the Minecraft forum. I tried changing the number to 2000 and got the same results. Has anyone else tried altering the kills per tier, or have an idea how the config should be set up?

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
They used to be set up with 200 per tier, but he changed them to the 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024 that they are now and the configure is pretty much useless. Except I think it is still the value that is used when you use the soul shard on a spawner, you have to be in survival as creative won't actually work, but it should give you 200 souls towards the max.

OneWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm... That's unfortunate. Guess I'll have to search out the common spawners first then go out hunting the other stuff the hard way. Hope he makes it more configurable again, it would be nice to be able to bring those numbers down to play around in a test worlds.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Well you could just grab the shards from NEI. The higher tier shards just require you kill a mob and they will take that mobs soul as the one in it for any tier. In survival he added Soul Stealer enchant for the Vile Swords which increases the amount of souls per kill by 1 which means at rank 5 you can get 6 souls, so only 171 kills for a full shard. NEI also let's you spawn in the spawners if you wanted to see about using them with the shard to see if the config works with that.