Closed Soul Fragments Remove Two Extra 10% SkyFactory 2.5.5

B

BullseyeBronco

Summary of the problem Soul Fragments Remove Two Extra 10% SkyFactory 2.5.5

Pack Version 2.5.4

What is the bug? Extra Utilities Soul Fragment, when creating a soul fragment, it reduces your heart total an extra 2 times. The chat displays the message about your life being depleted by 10% 3 times.

Mod & Version Extra Utilities

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Yes, Just trying to craft a soul fragment will diminish extra times.

Known Fix No known way to get the hearts back. When I attempted /help in creative on a separate world. Going to page 3 "/help 3" crashed the game.

I do not have a log file, if someone can direct me how to get that, I'll try to repeat the bug and upload it for you.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
There is a "Soul of a Forgotten Deity" item that you can cheat in, then eat to get a heart back. There's no crafting recipe for it by default (for obvious reasons); it's mainly for map makers to use as a reward to restore the HP of a player who's made ordinary soul fragments in the past. Not an ideal solution for your problem, of course; but at least it'll get you your hearts back.

To find your logfile, go into the directory where your launcher installed SkyFactory, then into the "minecraft" or ".minecraft" folder if it you're not already inside its equivalent. You should see a bunch of files and folders, "mods", "config", and "logs" among them. In the logs folder, you should see a bunch of text files. There should be one called latest.log or fml-client-latest.log, if not both.

Also, please upload the logfile to Pastebin or some similar service, and not directly to a forum post. Megabyte-sized posts tend to not work well, either for the forum software or for humans trying to read it.

DarkestStryke

Jul 29, 2019
Another quick question.. did you shift click the fragment from the output window as that can reduce your health count by more than just the single 10% its supposed to

S

Sorbe

@Scottly318 I think you are onto the root cause! This has already been documented as a "bug" with crafting the soul fragment for the Watering Can (Reinforced) item. Wearing any color heart canisters increases your health total and when they apply the 10% cost, you lose 10% of your total hearts, not just 1 heart.

https://ftbwiki.org/Soul_fragment
  • There is a bug with the Soul fragment, in that when you shift-left click it while crafting it takes three hearts instead of one. There is a tutorial here on how to fix it via playerdata.

Last edited:
S

Sorbe

I would recommend that this report be closed as a "mod bug" since it is an Extra Utilities bug/feature, not an SF 2.5 issue.