Sorting Machine - Stack of Cobble Sucked up and doesn't work anymore

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

CrazyCoco

Jul 29, 2019
So I have been attempting a very simple sorting system for my quarry, and what I have come up with is a tesseract putting items in a chest, with a sorting machine pulling them out that leads to barrels and chests. However, when I got the system up 'n running and came back to it, it wasn't working. After messing around, I got it to work again!

When the quarry got a stack of cobblestone in the first spot on the chest, it was sucked up by the sorting machine but then nothing else was sucked up. The stack 'o cobble wasn't output into the tubes and from what I know is sitting in the sorting machine.

How can I get the sorting machine to not get stuck on items?
Set-up by the way: http://imgur.com/a/do0y2

Vtecem

Jul 29, 2019
Is the cobble barrel full? Without the upgrade they can only hold 64 stacks... I know even a small quarry can fill up a barrel with cobble very quickly.

Reactions: CrazyCoco

silenos

Jul 29, 2019
The cobble probably has no valid destination so it gets backstuffed into the sorter which causes a jam. Put more chests/barrels in your system (or just void cobble)

CrazyCoco

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, just checked. When I emptied one of my cobble barrels the system worked again. However, excess cobblestone stacks went back to the sorting machine and stuck it again. Is there a way to, when the barrels are full, to have the excess stacks go into my white chests with all the other misc items?

Vtecem

Jul 29, 2019
Just set up a loop with that color going into a filter to change it to whatever color you want for a misc chest... Alternately upgrade your barrel to an ender barrel so it can hold 1024 stacks.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, just checked. When I emptied one of my cobble barrels the system worked again. However, excess cobblestone stacks went back to the sorting machine and stuck it again. Is there a way to, when the barrels are full, to have the excess stacks go into my white chests with all the other misc items?
Just place a chest at the end of the system connected to a restriction tube and all items that don't get sorted go there as a last resort

Vtecem

Jul 29, 2019
Just place a chest at the end of the system connected to a restriction tube and all items that don't get sorted go there as a last resort

This, but I believe you'll have to branch the tube for the restriction chest before any colored tubes.

CrazyCoco

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for helping everyone! I've fixed the system by replacing all my white pipes with restriction ones, and now any excess cobble/dirt/sand/gravel AND any other items go to the chests.
Here's a picture http://i.imgur.com/59yM99s.png

Thank you again everyone :)

Reactions: Vtecem

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need a restriction tube above each chest, just one restriction tube that is on the start of that branch of tubes

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need a restriction tube above each chest, just one restriction tube that is on the start of that branch of tubes
Similarly, you don't even need the paint on the tubes connected to barrels. Barrels can only hold one type of item so they're automatically seen as not a valid inventory for everything else.