Something Logical | FTB Beta Pack A | 16 slot Whitelist | Mature

• Announcement

Hello, we know that many of you have been asking for the server section to be split into sections so that servers are easier to find so that is exactly what we have done! We are also working on a server listing site to make the listing even better but this is still some time off and so for now this will be used. Current server owners will need to PM Rob if they want to keep their post with the following form completed:

Link to forum post:
    Pack:
    Server type (Whitelist/Greylist/Open):

Hope you like the new layout and if you have any more suggestions please post them in the web feedback forum.

The FTB Team
    P.S Go easy on my inbox :)

TheKeyholder

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft username: TheKeyholder
Have you read and agree to our rules?: Yes and Yes
Why you should be whitelisted: I've played Mc vanilla so long that i know how hard it is to find "normal" people to play with... also have a little experiance in FTB... + I'm Helpful and i also would like to learn to speak english e little better...

BlackHatJack

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting :3
This got me curious xD In what way do especially _new_ players steal items?
Also wondering how that sounds similar to real-life :eek: Any reasonable nation nowadays forbids self-justice (aka "protecting" and "exacting revenge"), there are laws and courts for that. And while a police officer may not buy you a new car your insurance and/or the culprit (or his insurance) may have to, depending on the laws, availability of insurances and if the culprit is arrested and sentenced.
I apologize if I wasn't clear, though I'm glad that I peaked someones interest. As for new players stealing items, your first question was rather vague. I was implying new players that have recently joined the server, not new to Minecraft. I have found most commonly if someone plans to steal items from a player, they would do so shortly after joining the server to begin with, when the frustration of starting off is at it's worst. other than that, by protecting your own property, yes I expect everyone to do their best to protect themselves. Just as you would not leave the house without locking the door so to speak.

When it comes to exacting revenge, It seems I had a rather poor word choice. While the concept of specified punishment or enforcement officials is ideal, starts to fall off when there are only 16-20 people in an area. For instance; I live in Colorado and back when a tiny town was only 20-25 people, if someone stole something from you, you where expected to try to get it back first. If you did not try, the local Sheriff would see it that it was not of value to you to get involved further.

And yes, while insurance or the culprit is responsible in the end, that assumes that an insurance system exists. While moderators and admins seem to fit a "Government" role so to speak, insurance such as home owners insurance or life insurance (Here in America) is not the responsibility of the government as it is and should be payed for by the insured (player). Which we do have the technology for. I would be absolutely overjoyed if someone started an insurance company on the server so to speak. Wrote up contracts on a ComputerCraft computer, printed out copies and stored in a personal safe or something. That would be awesome.

Oh also, please don't take this as being cocky, snarly or thick headed. I love the constructive questioning, as questioning something often leads to betterment. I simply feel that English is a very ambiguous language, and requires the writer to take clarification into consideration. =)

Samski11

Jul 29, 2019
I'd just like to check if my whitelist request was sent it did something funny when I sent it. Could you check it out. I posted it on the site but I can redo and post it back on this thread if necessary..

Samski11

Jul 29, 2019
Cool thanks, might I ask how soon? Just wondering if I should start a new magic world profile or something.

Pinkishu

Jul 29, 2019
Tehe~
Anyway, on I see you have teamspeak? I've met a couple server so far:
a) (only) teamspeak
b) some teamspeak, some ingame chat, some only write ingame but listen on teamspeak
c) some teamspeak, some ingame chat
d) (almost) only ingame chat

So basically asking, is teamspeak required? Or do people chat? If it required, then can you just listen or do people not want to read chat? :D

Frenchy123

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft username: Frenchy123
Have you read and agree to our rules?: Yes.​
Why you should be whitelisted: I'm looking for a helpful server since I am not an adept in the FTB field and I am also searching for a server with TS. Since I feel the server could help me have fun and understand the more advanced mods and items in FTB I would like to join.​

BlackHatJack

Jul 29, 2019
Frenchy, thanks for the app, I'll let everyone know once the whitelist has room again. And Pinkishu, I'd say c), we all do a bit of both, it's not required but it's nice to talk to people you are playing with =)

SilverInnocence

Jul 29, 2019
Silver here, the co-admin to the server. Yes people also read in game chat. We have a couple of people who cannot always be on TS and one that never is, which is fine, and they most certainly are still included. =). Hope this helps >^-^<

Pinkishu

Jul 29, 2019
Well then in case the apps open up again:

Minecraft username: _kyouko
Have you read and agree to our rules?: Yes
Why you should be whitelisted: Hmm not sure actually :p I try to help people and have fun :3 And looking for a nice server, I liked your post and the picture (and using CC in it ^^) Well yeah not sure what else to write, i'm bad at that type of question :s

(btw, is the HTTP API enabled?)

Jul 29, 2019
Do hope the applications will go up again :D.
Also a quick few questions:
Are you using the Beta pack or Mindcrack?
If you're using mindcrack, what mods are dissabled?
Also, is greg tech on hard mode?

BlackHatJack

Jul 29, 2019
Do hope the applications will go up again :D.
Also a quick few questions:
Are you using the Beta pack or Mindcrack?
If you're using mindcrack, what mods are dissabled?
Also, is greg tech on hard mode?
Now using the MindCrack Pack, no mods dissabled, added Mystcraft with server portal patch. And yes GregTech is hard mode.

For everyone else, the servers whitelist is open again, if you are still interested and have already applied, just tell us =)

23po8

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: 23po8
Have you read and agree to our rules? i have
Why you should be whitelisted: Ive been looking for server with whitelist for a while now that doesnt have any imature kids running it. I always help people out if they have any problems and ive been playing ftb for a while now and i love meeting new people on teamspeak

1ManleyMiner

Jul 29, 2019
Added =) thanks for your interest!

Thanks. Guess the server will restart sometime during the night so I will show up on the whitelist. It didn't recognize me a minute ago. "1ManleyMiner" is IGN. :) I'll check back tomorrow as can't play much right now anyway.

BlackHatJack

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. Guess the server will restart sometime during the night so I will show up on the whitelist. It didn't recognize me a minute ago. "1ManleyMiner" is IGN. :) I'll check back tomorrow as can't play much right now anyway.
Just re-added, and reloaded the whitelist, will be at work for a few hours tomorrow, hope to see you on =)

IGN: 23po8
Have you read and agree to our rules? i have
Why you should be whitelisted: Ive been looking for server with whitelist for a while now that doesnt have any imature kids running it. I always help people out if they have any problems and ive been playing ftb for a while now and i love meeting new people on teamspeak
Added