Something is wrong with Steve's Carts 2.

Reciprocaterman

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing on a whitelisted server and I have a fairly large Steve's Carts tree farm supplying my boiler. I have plenty of overflow from the tree farm, but when I log off the tree farm stops producing. I have the chunks loaded with a chunk loader, so it should continue working but it doesn't, and that causes my boiler to eat through all my charcoal, and It's usually completely cold when I log back in. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Pics or it didn't happen.

Seriously though, post pictures so people can see what's going on here. To me it sounds like chunks just aren't loaded properly. Double-check your chunk loaders.

Reciprocaterman

Jul 29, 2019
2013-12-29_011922_zps7a1654b1.png
here's a pic of the farm with lasers on from the chunk loader. The entire farm is loaded but shuts down when I log out.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
No way for me to tell for certain, but I suspect the server may have the configs set to disable chunckloaders when the person who placed them is offline. That, or there's another config to disable them after X number of minutes offline. Check with your admin.

Reciprocaterman

Jul 29, 2019
If the chunkloader stopped then my boiler should shut down too, which would not allow it to eat through all my reserves of charcoal like it does.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
My best guess here is the admin of the server require the users to be logged in for the chunkloaders to work (its an option in the chickenchunks config file and I guess all the chunkloaders have some kind of system like that too), when the user isn't connected the chunkloaders he placed in the world are deactivated until he's back online, this preserve the memory and bandwith for the other users and help a lot to keep the server lag to a minimum...

And I think the boilers would keep eating the charcoal for a real long time depending on what you use to automate the boilers, they may be loaded for longer than the chunkloaders staying active... Or if there's anyone near your base that happens to be connected while you're not the automatic system is back online and can cause this, even if your chunkloaders aren't online if someone is around, it loads I think 10 chunks in each direction for a player...

Reciprocaterman

Jul 29, 2019
"
#If set to false, players will have to be logged in for their chunkloaders to work.:Simply add <username>=<true|false>
allowoffline
{
DEFAULT=true
OP=true
}"

Nope try again.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
There is something odd going on with the border of the "center" chunk if you look the leaves of the far tree are cut (boundary cut not removed) right on the border of that chunk and the next, maybe try a single chunk tree farm see if that works as an initial test. Or possibly rebuild your cart to have it's own chunkloader module dunno just throwing out some ideas.

Reciprocaterman

Jul 29, 2019
My cart has the chunkloader module installed and I still have this problem. Once again it did it this morning after I logged off. The chunk is loaded because all the trees grew, and once again it went through all my wood, so the pipes and boiler are loaded too.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe remove the Chickenchunks loader?
The Steves Carts one does 3x3 chunks so that should cover your tree farm and possibly it's some odd interaction between the two?

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
Are you the admin of this server ???, if not like I said there could be some kind of plugins if your admin use MCPC+ that prevent chunkloaders from players to work when you're offline... But since you have also a chunkloader in your steve's cart thing, maybe both of them are conflicting each other and the system doesn't know what to keep online, maybe the steve cart chunkloader is the one that doesn't work while you're offline, I wasn't aware that Steve Cart had a chunkloader (not a fan of his extremely complex recipes and extremely time consuming builder)