Windows .exe something is breaking playerAPI

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaelThunderwing

Jul 29, 2019
one mod i always try to use with any modpack/vers of minecraft is MorePlayerModels (since my skin's based on it)

added it and seems its loading fine but ingame skin's not adjusted the adpendages (ears/wings/tail) arent shown nor the items on the back so basicly mods not loaded however in both Launcher and MultiMC Console it does indeed getr loaded and shows up ingame for the mod list. but get in SP or SMP and it seems to at best to call it "Unload" (or something has broken the API)

heres a link to the Mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1122495-142-more-player-models/

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
I would guess that the author of more player models would have to fix it since he/she states on the mod thread

Known bugs
  • Mods using the Player Api or mods replacing the model might not show properly or their animations might not work.

CaelThunderwing

Jul 29, 2019
well looking thru the mods im not getting a hint at whats breaking the API. and only guess i slightly had was portalgun mod but removed it and it didnt help :/

this is more anyone have an idea which Mod is doing it ?

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick look and a guess i would say Forge is breaking it.

Reasons for thinking so.
It tells you to install Modloader(yes i know forge has modloader in it aswell)
Also I think forge changed player API but could be wrong.

Just throwing ideas for people to work this out =P

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
If it is forge breaking it then they say that they'll fix compatibility with any modloader mod that doesn't work with forge on the frontpage of their website. First try disabling every mod except forge and the player model mod and if it still doesn't work tell the mod author to contact forge.

CaelThunderwing

Jul 29, 2019
it's not forge becasue Forge and the mod alone works Just finei've gone thru about half of the mods and still nothing

*sorry to bump* at Noppes request i debugged mod by mod (while teh launcher is working it was easy to disable/enable each mod)

Portalgun Mod and gregtech Addon break it, gregtech cant be tested alone considering its an IC2 Addon

CaelThunderwing

Jul 29, 2019
thanks i didnt see an edit button when i did. gregtech adds alot of fun to IC2 but too much tpo just remove it and i think i can do w/o portalgun mod sadly its both (not just on eor the other) breaking it

Status
Not open for further replies.