Some questions about mindcrack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shane_C

Jul 29, 2019
Hey fellow FTB'ers! I have had a couple thoughts flowing around in my head and it's time to figure out what's what. So my friend just switched his server to mindcrack and there's plenty of new stuff. My first question is, how do you get infused stone? can you silk touch it? And my second question; What is a good way to set up a sorting system for the quarry? i've tried some before but I haven't been successful. I know i sound pretty noobish i guess but i've been playing since the alpha days of minecraft. Please help if you can! thanks!

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Infused stone cannot be acquired and can only be mined to get crystals as it is used by the local aura nodes for a emergency battery. Basically when ever the nodes are depleted beyond the point of refilling them selves from other nodes they will convert infused stone into a depleted state until the aura recovers. Also if the aura is really strong in the area smooth stone will automatically be converted to infused stone for future use of the aura network. All of this is in the Thaumanomican a long with a warning about mining all the infused stone in a area having a negative effect on the health and well being of the aura.

As for sorting systems their are many different designs available and some of the most popular are the red power based ones. Which a quick search on youtube should provide a wide array of them for example direwolf always builds a sorting system as one of his first few projects each new season.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
I typed a long post that was lost with a site error, so here... have about 4000 new words (magenta wool = quarry):

2013-01-26_131310.png

2013-01-26_131345.png

2013-01-26_131326.png

Hope it helps!

Shane_C

Jul 29, 2019
is there any way to set it up for more than one item? i'm trying to run it with a quarry.. but thanks! im gonig to go play with it :)

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
The setup that he posted will work with any thing, basically it will store all the dirt, cobble, and gravel in the barrels and everything else in the chests until they are full. Once they are full it will start to void the extra to prevent the system from clogging or dumping items on the ground causing lag. The Down side is it is not automated in that you have to go to the quarry to retrieve the items to be sorted at your base manually or fed into another automated sorting system.

Shane_C

Jul 29, 2019
but you could set up a ender chest to the quarry and set the ender chest flowing into the buffer? <--(i think it's what it's called, i've been up all night so i cant really think :p)

arkangyl

Jul 29, 2019
The setup that he posted will work with any thing, basically it will store all the dirt, cobble, and gravel in the barrels and everything else in the chests until they are full. Once they are full it will start to void the extra to prevent the system from clogging or dumping items on the ground causing lag. The Down side is it is not automated in that you have to go to the quarry to retrieve the items to be sorted at your base manually or fed into another automated sorting system.
It could easily be hooked into another sorting system, though. Just swap those iron(silver?) chests with an Ender Chest, and put a matching one at your base.

As an aside, my currently recommended base sorting system is set up using Factorization Barrels and Redpower Tubes. run the tubes across the tops of the barrels for stuff you want to store, add a Diamond Chest at the end for stuff you want to manually process. If the starting chest is an Ender Chest you can even use a pouch to access it anywhere.

Also, and this is just the resource whore in me, swapping that void pipe for a couple of recyclers is an attractive option if you plan on ever running a mass fab.

Shane_C

Jul 29, 2019
It could easily be hooked into another sorting system, though. Just swap those iron(silver?) chests with an Ender Chest, and put a matching one at your base.

As an aside, my currently recommended base sorting system is set up using Factorization Barrels and Redpower Tubes. run the tubes across the tops of the barrels for stuff you want to store, add a Diamond Chest at the end for stuff you want to manually process. If the starting chest is an Ender Chest you can even use a pouch to access it anywhere.

Also, and this is just the resource whore in me, swapping that void pipe for a couple of recyclers is an attractive option if you plan on ever running a mass fab.
I already have 3 barrels full of scrap :p i'll be fine! but as you were saying, i can just hook up ass tons of barrels to this system and it will find a barrel for each item?

arkangyl

Jul 29, 2019
I already have 3 barrels full of scrap :p i'll be fine! but as you were saying, i can just hook up ass tons of barrels to this system and it will find a barrel for each item?
Basically. You might want to manually put one item in each Barrel, so you actually know where stuff will end up, but yeah. The RP Tubes are inventory aware, and they detect the Barrels as inventories, so they'll automatically put stuff in them. RP tubes look for the closest valid inventory; if a Barrel exists with a particular item in it, it's a valid inventory for that item. You will probably want to put a Restriction Tube on the final chest, so it is ensured to use it as a last resort. On my world with my gf, all of our Barrels are in what amounts to a big U shape. We have a section of Barrels for Metals and Gems, Mob Drops, ThaumCraft Resources, Blocks, Food, Plants, and Wood. Anything that goes in our Ender Chest gets sent to its Barrel, if one exists. If not, it goes to the other end of the U, where the overflow chest is. Any unrefined Ores will end up here, along with any other random crap we find. At that end of the U we have our processing room, where any ores will be refined and the output gets put back into the Ender Chest to put it away. There's a Gold Chest by each section of barrels, unconnected to the Tube system, for anything that goes there, but we don't have large enough quantities of to really justify a Barrel.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
You will probably want to put a Restriction Tube on the final chest, so it is ensured to use it as a last resort.

I never understood why people do this. I mean, if your overflow chest is at the end of the line, it will surely be the most distant inventory anyway? My setup is different: right at the start of the storage there is a junction. One tube goes to all the barrels. Another is a restriction tube and goes right into the overflow chest. That way, the tube distance to the overflow chest is more than to the barrels, but the actual distance is only 2-3 blocks. Any extra items thrown in the system that don't belong get spat out in the overflow chest almost immediately without having to travel all around the room.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, that will work. You can also use a remote retriever, wooden pipes+engines, etc.

Also, my setup just voids the extra useless stuff because its just too easy to set up an igneous extruder+recycler whenever i want scrap :)

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
Infused stone cannot be acquired and can only be mined to get crystals as it is used by the local aura nodes for a emergency battery.

You can move it with pistons, though! Won't help you get it to another dimension, and it'll take a huge amount of effort if you want to take it a long way away, but that's at least an option for moving it around.