[SOLVED] Storage Bus isn't working properly with barrels.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

343N

Jul 29, 2019
When I put something into the AE system, it goes into the storage bus fine, but the Terminal can't see it and therefore I can't pull it out the terminal.
I've got a video here (may be uploading):

This used to work fine in Ultimate and whatever, so I don't know what's wrong

Last edited:

343N

Jul 29, 2019
that won't make a difference, since ME Storage Bus' override Barrels and DSU's and the such and can interface from any side.

343N

Jul 29, 2019
yup, did it anyway, put it on the bottom and the exact same thing happens

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it is because your filter item isn't in the first slot in the storage bus GUI. It could be trying to load into that specific slot on the barrel, when the barrel only has one "slot" for items to go into. Try the top left slot as the filter for the barrels.

343N

Jul 29, 2019
I had the filter item in the first slot, and in none of the slots, same thing.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... I'm testing this in creative right now. Yes i can replicate it an kaovalin's suggestion has no effect. It appears to be only the factorization barrels, other forms of storage work just fine. So unless you wish to change to JABBA barrels which have the same functionality as FZ barrels except they can have inputs/outputs on any side or Deep storage units from MFR A work around that i have found is putting a storage bus on top and on the bottom and then setting the top one to insert only and the bottom one to extract only. It sucks it now costs you 2x the buses for each barrel and it doesn't allow you to see how much of those items are in storage (only shows 64 in storage at any given moment) but it is a workaround that allows you to keep your barrels and not have to deal with transferring their contents

343N

Jul 29, 2019
well, time to use JABBA then
thanks! so I wasn't doing anything wrong.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
the nice thing about Jabba barrels is they're upgradable and the max size barrel holds 8192 stacks i believe, for all of those insane pack-rats out there who can't stand to throw anything away

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Storage buses have write-only, red-only and read-write modes. Are you sure you where in the correct mode?

343N

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I was in the bi-directional mode. Jabba barrels are working with the exact same setup so it's probably a factorization/AE compatibility thing

budge

Jul 29, 2019
Well, they don't let you deposit items into them, so you still find yourself defaulting to the terminal for everything. :-\

budge

Jul 29, 2019
I have used conversion matrices to pull items from them, but I was never able to deposit items back in. If that is possible, then someone please prove me wrong!

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
I have used conversion matrices to pull items from them, but I was never able to deposit items back in. If that is possible, then someone please prove me wrong!

I'll try it tonight to confirm. However, I normally just use the wireless access handheld. Then I dont even need to go to where my storage is, it comes to me.

Edit: A tip for using the wireless access; set priorities on your storage in the order in which you want it to appear in the terminal. I even setup an "active" chest that is prioritized first so that I can easily grab and go without doing searches.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
See the following link

http://ae-mod.info/ME-Storage-Monitor/

It says you need to both add a conversion matrix to the storage monitor by Shift+clicking it on (there will be a small visual difference in the corners). Then you have to lock the monitor to that using some kind of wrench. Only when both those conditions are met will you be able to input and extract from the storage monitor. Tested on DW20 and succeeded.

Input with shift+right click, pull out with right click.