[Solved] MineFactory - Harvester only idle

Gravenlord

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been having this problem with many many modpacks. I make a Minefactory Harvester setup to harvest normal Oak trees. The harvester works fine and the idle timer pulses normally, until a tree grows. Then the timer just stops/hangs on 5/5, and wont do anything.

The harvester doesn't have any sludge in it and it has power. I've been trying to google the problem for months, so I'm hoping some can help with this odd problem.

Thanks alot in advance.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
The harvester won't stop if it's full of sludge, as a reminder. More likely it's not got enough range to see the new tree, or it's full of other items.

It also has settings that could prevent it from harvesting the tree.

Show us some screen shots on your setup, including the harvester GUI, and we'll know what is likely wrong. I've helped people who refused to post screen shots and they get no useful help beyond generic "is it plugged in" level help. I can only go off of a script until I have more info then "it's not working".

Gravenlord

Jul 29, 2019

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
I run into stuck harvesters if the extraction method is full or if there is no valid destination for the items. For example, if you have a barrel of wood and a barrel of saplings, when the harvester gets an apple, it has no place to put it, so the apple hangs up in the harvester's inventory, preventing anything else from being harvested. This can also happen if your harvester grabs a different tree type somehow.

One way to check for this is to throw a chest or trash can on the line and route everything to it temporarily. That should clear out any incorrect items.

When I do harvester loops, I use itemducts with whitelisted destinations for items I want and a trash can blacklisted for those items. All undesirable or unexpected items go to the trash can, ensuring no stuck harvesters.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Gravenlord

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I found the problem thanks to this :) Aparently the harvester doesn't recognise the ME import bus as a valid destination, so I put a chest behind it and it's working.. Thanks alot guys! :)