[Solved] I need Pink Slime! Slaughterhouse help.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
To build the MFR Laser Drill Prechargers you need some pink slime. Pink Slime is a by-product of using the MFR Slaughterhouse to process... oh pretty much any mob. Pink Slime is also apparently quite difficult to accumulate to the quantity of one bucket!

I started off by hand-placing (Safari Net) dozens of mobs in my slaughterhouse pen, finally got enough to fill a bucket. I poured out that bucket and got one tiny pink slime cube, which yielded one Pink Slimeball. This took me like 3 hours.

I didn't particularly enjoy paying cow-taxi for three hours so I built a chicken >> egg >> chick >> chronotyper >> adult chicken >> MFR Grinder room. Now I'm collecting mob essence so when I get another bucket of Pink Slime and grow another Pink Slime Cube, I can just dupe it with an Auto-Spawner.

ALLLL of this to say/ask:
Is there a particular animal or monster that has a better chance of generating pink slime in a slaughterhouse? I wasn't able to see any sort of correlation between mob type and the frequency of/quantity of slime produced. I'm curious if anyone else has played with this and come up with "the best" mob for producing pink slime in a slaughterhouse.

Thanks!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to know this aswell. like what mobs you can use for the slaughterhouse, and if there's a mob who'll give more with the slaughterhouse
as liquid meat is a quest for Agrarian Skies, and it's taking ages to collect it all

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
In agrarian skies getting liquid meat is as easy as it can get, once you have the machines, just craft a bunch of chicken spawn eggs( i assume you have mob farm by now)

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I can't say for sure, but I can agree with your thought that it doesn't seem to matter which mob you use. I testing all of them (though MFR has been updated since that test) and didn't really seea difference. My favorite method was a chicken spawning using a hoppers to collect eggs and a dispenser to launch them at a wall...wasn't very efficient...but it was fun to watch....

Reactions: AlanEsh

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
I think there's a syringe of embiggening or something that grows your baby slime into a full-size one. Or so I vaguely remember from some video I watched a while back.

Reactions: kaovalin

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
In agrarian skies getting liquid meat is as easy as it can get, once you have the machines, just craft a bunch of chicken spawn eggs( i assume you have mob farm by now)

derp... I was actually using mob essence to spawn in pigs to kill with the slaughterhouse, not even realizing this was an option...

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
To make a pink slime you need to take a bucket of pink slime and put the liquid in a 1x1 hole in the ground. When it "dries" it becomes a small pink slime mob. Kill this to get pink slime balls.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
What I did the last time was set up an MFR breeder for cows and use the chronotyper to move the cow babies in front of the slaughterhouse. Then I used a liquid router to separate the liquid meat from the pink slime, not sure if this is necessary but it worked well. Still takes a while, but you can just let it run by itself.

Then I used the slime embiggening syringe. You need more than one syringe, probably not more than two though. If you use too many, the slime can be destroyed IIRC. Also, you can grab a slime with a safari net for autospawning if you don't want to be bothered with it again.

If you have time/energy for it, make a bedrock sword, Looting V works. :)

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I think the embiggening syringe sounds like a good plan. I'll start shoving my chickens through the slaughterhouse again, let it build up slime, make a baby slime, and stab it with a syringe prior to snagging it with a pokeball.

Thanks for the input!

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
To make a pink slime you need to take a bucket of pink slime and put the liquid in a 1x1 hole in the ground. When it "dries" it becomes a small pink slime mob. Kill this to get pink slime balls.
or better stick it in a safari net and use the autospawner to get more that way you only need 1 bucket to build how ever many laser drills you need

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
or better stick it in a safari net and use the autospawner to get more that way you only need 1 bucket to build how ever many laser drills you need
This

It trumps every other method as you only ever need to accumulate one bucket, and the autospawner if set to non-exact mode will spawn large pink slimes when you've only bottled a tiny slime.

If you want you could bottle a tiny slime, use it to spawn a large slime, safari net that, and then spawn it on exact mode for all the pink slime balls you ever need

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I used a MFR spawner with pigs for the slaughterhouse. I used a MFR liquid router to separate the liquid meat and pink slime that I piped from the slaughterhouse. It didn't take long with it running to get a small BC tank of pink slime and the meat ingots were my main food.

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
Can you capture a pink slime in a safari net and just put the slime into the mob spawner? All you'd need to do is get enough slime for that that first one and then you'd be set.

Edit: just saw someone already posted this. Derp!

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
When I set up a mob farm and ready for pink slimes I simply replace the grinder with a slaughterhouse hooked up to a couple of tanks, always seems to work fine and get plenty of pink slime (endermen this time).

Like it's said already above you really must use a slime embigging syringe twice on a small slime to make a big one, once killed all the way to death you'll end up with about 20 pink slimeballs. Then I catch one of the small ones in a safari net just in case anyone else needs one later.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
I put [Solved] in the title so maybe 5x more people won't repeat the first 8-10 posts :D