[SOLVED] DW20 1.0.8 explored map fog of war resetting

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!

Every time i close minecraft the fog of war in the map mod is reset, so i have to explore everything each time. That didnt happen in the previous version...

Does anyone know how to change it back? (its nice to be able to map my immediate areas of the world)

Thanks!

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming you're still using Opis/MapWriter, it sounds like something is preventing it from saving its files to disk. It saves to a separate folder in your Saves folder, so check to make sure there's a folder there with "single player" (or something like that) in the name; in that folder should be another folder with your world name on it. That should be where the map data is being saved to.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
The PNGs are saving successfully to: FTB - 1.1.3\Direwolf20_1_6_4\minecraft\saves\mapwriter_mp_worlds\myserver_port\images

But when loading the game, or even disconnecting or connecting to the server the whole world is foggy again.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. And it's not overwriting the files somehow when you rejoin the server? This is very odd behavior.

I usually have the exact opposite problem; when I'm world hopping for a nice spawn, I sometimes forget to clear the previous world's mapwriter save so I get remnants of the old world's map on the edges of my new map.

Edit: do you get the same behavior in a single player map?

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. And it's not overwriting the files somehow when you rejoin the server? This is very odd behavior.

I usually have the exact opposite problem; when I'm world hopping for a nice spawn, I sometimes forget to clear the previous world's mapwriter save so I get remnants of the old world's map on the edges of my new map.

Edit: do you get the same behavior in a single player map?

It is overwriting the PNGs. the PNG part is working fine.

The other part, the fog-of-war is the one not working.

The world "picture" generates fine, but at login is always covered in the black fog.

This is the minimap:
Untitled.png

This is the PNG:
0_2.png

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have underground mode on or something? (Press U to turn it off.)

As an aside, there's a player on my server that has this problem too.

Yes, it was underground mode!

I never even try toggling that, i thought unedrground mode would be a cave x-ray vision, never expected this effect!

Thank you very much!

rengo

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have underground mode on or something? (Press U to turn it off.)

As an aside, there's a player on my server that has this problem too.

I had the same issue here. It's weird that there's no obvious indication that it's in underground mode. Thanks!

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Could you edit the title to say -RESOLVED- or -SOLVED- ? So people with the same problem know there is an answer?