So whats your favourite Mystcraft age types?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Skylands+cave world (This took about 10 attempts before a stable age)

Cave diving! Go!
2012-11-03_141818.png

[red fog, black sky, eternal night, dark lighting with crystals, caves and ravines]

Glacial skylands
I want to build some giant monstrosity with infernal brick, obsidian and basalt- bridges everywhere between factory units
2012-11-21_201134.png

[white sky, whitex10+bluex1 fog, white sunset and clouds, bright lights, no other features]

But for now this is my homeworld;

homeworld.png

[Extreme jungle, redwood, meadow, savannah, river and oceanx4, medium biomes, eternal night with black sky and blue fog with blue/black clouds.]

Reactions: damnedsky

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't actually played with making many Mystcraft ages in my current world as I've been busy strip mining one and building my resources:)

However, I'm rather partial to Voids and Skylands+Caves. I often use Reds and Blacks. I do need to try some extra biomes stuff though. Oh, I also often add glowstone crystals and obelisks.

Oh, and I definitely agree with your Glacial Skylands:) Some massive mechanical age/Gahreesan machinery would look fantastic there!

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Actually one thing I want to try is turning off the instability and spamming dense ores and ravines/caves just to have a glass floor in my basement.
(I wont be mining said dense ores- it kinda feels like cheating)

Edit; so after hitting dense ores 30 times I'm not overly sold on it, but I guess some people might like ridiculousness ... and holy EXP Batman!!

2012-11-21_212634.png

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I almost forgot. Dark Red skies with rain looks amazing:) Add in some thunderstorm and a couple charged, and you have a very intimidating Age.

Kghareus

Jul 29, 2019
Still trying to figure out what I like in ages (I'm very indecisive). But for now, this is my home age:
2vTGS.png

White fog, white clouds, huge biomes, 2x ice plains and ice mountains, slow time, and normal weather. If it was day the sky is normal (light blue)

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Favorite mystcraft world for what purpose?

Single biome: mushroom island
Flat
Wood tendrils, glowstone crystals, crystals (when I get them)
Bright
eternal day
No weather
Normal time
Any sky, sunset, fog.

All the steak, leather, wood, glowstone and crystals you could ever need.
If you feel the need to mine manually, it is easily done with no need for torches or worrying about mobs annoying you.

Change the biome to plains for chickens or other passives and throw in villages for villagers.

Want bees. Change biome size to tiny and add in plains, jungles, swamp, taiga, desert and forests.
Keep it flat, bright and eternal day and you can do all the bees in one small area.
Throw a quarry in that one and let it gather resources while you tend ur bees.

Jerx99

Jul 29, 2019
Favorite mystcraft world for what purpose?

Single biome: mushroom island
Flat
Wood tendrils, glowstone crystals, crystals (when I get them)
Bright
eternal day
No weather
Normal time
Any sky, sunset, fog.

All the steak, leather, wood, glowstone and crystals you could ever need.
If you feel the need to mine manually, it is easily done with no need for torches or worrying about mobs annoying you.

Change the biome to plains for chickens or other passives and throw in villages for villagers.

Want bees. Change biome size to tiny and add in plains, jungles, swamp, taiga, desert and forests.
Keep it flat, bright and eternal day and you can do all the bees in one small area.
Throw a quarry in that one and let it gather resources while you tend ur bees.

But "Bright" should only affect the visual light level, not the spawning of mobs.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Actually one thing I want to try is turning off the instability and spamming dense ores and ravines/caves just to have a glass floor in my basement.
(I wont be mining said dense ores- it kinda feels like cheating)

Edit; so after hitting dense ores 30 times I'm not overly sold on it, but I guess some people might like ridiculousness ... and holy EXP Batman!!

2012-11-21_212634.png

Holy crap ..... drools!!!:eek:

trondaron

Jul 29, 2019
I have a handful of Respiration/Aqua Affinity helmets (zombie spawner+ender farm). I enjoy using them to go caving in the waters of cave worlds. I'd be much much happier if the caves would get below the Y25ish level, but as of yet they don't seem to get that low. Generally Y30 is the lowest they seem to go. Still great fun, to zip from pocket to pocket with ender pearls.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I downloaded the addon (still in Alpha) that adds different types of worlds and objects, such as water and lava tendrils, Glass Sphere worlds and more. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ucakkne23sj91h9/tOrlXS9wRE

Then, I included a mod by AtomicStryker called Ruins that will generate ruins in biomes, which really works well with Mystcraft. Makes you feel you've encountered other "people".
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ucakkne23sj91h9/6oP-CX2M8y/Ruins

My favorite find was this world that was a forest, covered in snow, dark skies, lightening strikes setting fire to trees, nearby was this tree fort structure with a hot air balloon next to it, and in the distance, an ice encrusted tree. These extra items really add a sense of a "story" behind the ages you could find.
Plus, many of these larger structures are also trapped, which is nice :D

darkdragonsoul99

Jul 29, 2019
So far my favorite age I've made is a completely mushroom biom flate purple skyed bright age with thunderstorms. I basically made myself a age for tunneling no caves nothing under ground but what I dig out.

I also made the age charged and I have no idea what that even did.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Charged causes lightning, even in sunshine. I think it also adds instability, so you might want to check for that.

ScottWears

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded the addon (still in Alpha) that adds different types of worlds and objects, such as water and lava tendrils, Glass Sphere worlds and more. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ucakkne23sj91h9/tOrlXS9wRE

Then, I included a mod by AtomicStryker called Ruins that will generate ruins in biomes, which really works well with Mystcraft. Makes you feel you've encountered other "people".
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ucakkne23sj91h9/6oP-CX2M8y/Ruins

My favorite find was this world that was a forest, covered in snow, dark skies, lightening strikes setting fire to trees, nearby was this tree fort structure with a hot air balloon next to it, and in the distance, an ice encrusted tree. These extra items really add a sense of a "story" behind the ages you could find.
Plus, many of these larger structures are also trapped, which is nice :D

I like the sound of this I may try it sometime.

TheSphero

Jul 29, 2019
My favorite has to be:

Mushroom Biome/Forest
Hills or Skylands
Glowstone Crystals or Crystals
Bright
Eternal Twilight
Charged or Eternal Storm, but never both.

The rest of the symbols I don't overly care about, as long as it doesn't become unstable. According to the mod post, accelerated time, along with glowstone crystals, crystals, villages, strongholds, obelisks, mineshafts, wood tendrils, and dungeons can add to instability. Charged, explosions, and meteors supposedly add to stability, but I'm not sure if that's random person trolling or... mod author trolling actually.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
The reason Charged, Explosions and Meteors add stability...is that they are instabilities. Basically, it's letting you choose your poison.